DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Keeping politics and religion out of it, has anyone seen the video on the BBC going down a shaft into a tunnel in Gazza? If so is it shot by a drone?

Yorkshire_Pud

Reactions
If this is felt to be too sensitive a thread please delete it or edit it as seen fit.

Keeping politics and religion out of it, has anyone seen the video on the BBC news going down a shaft into a tunnel in Gazza? If so is it shot by a drone? I saw very little dust blowing about.
I can't post a URL but if it is via a ariel drone its incredible, manoeuvrability wise.

I think the Israelis are using robots to send down the tunnels.

Do you mean wheeled or tracked or walking etc. rather than flying?
That might be in agreement with what I saw i.e. the lack of dust. If so they must be fairly complicated robots. It was yaw plus 3D movement, though the vertical movement was downwards only, I think.

Last edited:
That might be in agreement with what I saw i.e. the lack of dust. If so they must be fairly complicated robots. It was yaw plus 3D movement, though the vertical movement was downwards only, I think.
Or a combination of systems.

Yes, wheeled or tracked vehicles. I'm sure they are state of the art. They've been using them for a while in bomb disposal. So you're not risking a human.

If this is felt to be too sensitive a thread please delete it or edit it as seen fit.

Keeping politics and religion out of it, has anyone seen the video on the BBC news going down a shaft into a tunnel in Gazza? If so is it shot by a drone? I saw very little dust blowing about.
I can't post a URL but if it is via a ariel drone its incredible, manoeuvrability wise.
There's a company named 'Deep Trekker' that produce small form factor crawler ROV's custom built for subterranean surveying, inspection & photography. Their latest features lidar 3D mapping. I made the mistake of asking for a document package for one of their drones and now I get regular spam emails.

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
Both GPS and the controller WiFi won’t work well, or at all in that situation.

Yes, wheeled or tracked vehicles. I'm sure they are state of the art. They've been using them for a while in bomb disposal. So you're not risking a human.
The link I posted describes a RAFAEL system for mapping and exploring indoor spaces. Given RAFAEL is an Israeli mlitary R&D company I would be very surprised if their systems weren't being used, as this is what they were designed for.

Reactions: Torque
I know the IDF is using Avatas in some tunnels. Not sure if that video was from one of those flights or not.

Here it is... Telegraph, but i found the same video in a report on the BBC website. Looks like an Avata with the Motion Controller, probably v2 with the joystick. The target reticle is a dead giveaway.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roger-N