DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

HAS ANYONE EVER SEEN A STICKER LIKE THIS

Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW we have a Fry's Electronics store here in my town, not that it means much as they are all but out of business, store nearly empty of inventory.

But years ago when their business was booming, they had a procedure for returning sold/returned items to the shelf. They would test and if functional, say like a returned motherboard that would properly POST, they'd tape the box up, put a sticker on that offered roughly a 15% discount and identify it as a restock item. If the same item was returned a second time they had a similar sticker to this "invalid serial number" that was bright orange and said "Return Limit Exceeded - Not for Sale" and that was supposed to identify items to not return for sale. More often than not these items were credited by the vendor/distributor and then trashed into a recycle bin.

Well one year a seasonal employee working the holiday season had the bright idea to put these stickers on things he "wanted" and then would toss them in the recycle bin and retrieve them later. Then that escalated to items he could sell on Craigslist and numerous PC components like motherboards and graphics cards that were in demand wound up on CL with these "Not for Sale" stickers on them. If they then proved to be defective people would try and return them to Frys as the sticker said "Frys" in fine print.

A few years later they had an issue when they started doing orders online and then pick up in person, with an untrained worker taking these "not for sale" items and fulfilling orders, placing them in plain cardboard boxes for pickup. He did so as a result of poor training and it being a shorter walk to the returns items than pulling things from the shelves.

Lastly as they have been running into the ground and laying off employees like crazy they had a now "former" employee his last few days there place these stickers on items all over the store as an act of vengeance hoping it would cost Fry's sales. Needless to say most were discovered by customers before employees making people question the quality of the goods being sold, even though most were new unopened items.

My point is that it is unlikely that sticker originated from DJI and the "doom and gloomers" responding with statements like "its not a valid DJI product" are likely overreacting. It could be as simple as a returned item because someone had buyers remorse and whoever processed the return placed the wrong sticker on it, or misunderstood what sticker should have gone on it, again that time of year with temp workers. It could have been an employee trying to scam Amazon by placing that sticker on a returned item hoping to get a huge discount or find it in the recycle bin only to have another temp worker fulfil an order with it. Honestly the most likely scenario is a returned item that got the wrong sticker and placed back into inventory by a seasonal worker who didn't know any better or just didn't care enough to do it right. A lot of people successfully buy "open box" items which is a nice way of saying things that are still effectively new, but had been opened and returned usually because it was not the item they wanted or decided it was too expensive.

Had it been otherwise sealed and DJI not having it on a stolen item list, it would have likely been fine.

It is not a valid DJI product. Don't touch it. Send it straight back.
It is irrelevant whether or not the machine inside is in good working order or not, you may never get DJI to recognise it and you may have update problems, or you may not be able to register it with the FAA or your local body.
The drone has to have a valid number or its dead. This one is dead unborn it its wrappings.
It may indeed fly but it's not worth trying.
Thanks much for the heads up. The drone was verified by DJI and activated with them without any problems. I’m using the drone until my replacement arrives. I’m only using it for practice within sight and walking distance.

Personally, I would return it for another. I wouldn't want to take the risk of getting involved in a long drawn out tale of woe.

If it were me, I'd return it, and make them replace it. There's no way I'd want anything but DJI drone with a complete pedigree. Without it, an in-flight failure could be costly in many ways.

OP, glad to hear you worked it out with Amazon. That $180 credit is well deserved in light of the inconvenience you has to put up with. It will come handy for getting a few accessories for your new drone!

If it were me, I'd return it, and make them replace it. There's no way I'd want anything but DJI drone with a complete pedigree. Without it, an in-flight failure could be costly in many ways.
Please read the thread.

Please read the thread.

If there is something you want me to see in the thread or to otherwise know about it don't you think it would be best to point it out. I'm disinclined to guess and go on a wild goose chase in order to try to figure out what your point might be.

If there is something you want me to see in the thread or to otherwise know about it don't you think it would be best to point it out. I'm disinclined to guess and go on a wild goose chase in order to try to figure out what your point might be.
Your advice was pointless and irrelevant. Which you would have known if you'd read the thread.

Reactions: RWD and ch5richards
Check out the post on pg 3 near the bottom.

Your advice was pointless and irrelevant. Which you would have known if you'd read the thread.
You don't know anything about what I read or didn't read. The fact is I did read at least some of the thread. How many posts, I don't recall, but my post seemed relevant to that which I read.

Would you care to support your assertion with some evidence? I'm not saying you are wrong, but rather if you want someone to know why their post was irrelevant wouldn't it be a good idea to tell them why rather than leave them in the dark?

Check out the post on pg 3 near the bottom.
Post 59? You could have said which one. I see that now.

I did not read the entire thread before making my post. Is that a requirement?

If a resolution had been reached why not close the thread at that point?

You don't know anything about what I read or didn't read. The fact is I did read at least some of the thread. How many posts, I don't recall, but my post seemed relevant to that which I read.

Would you care to support your assertion with some evidence? I'm not saying you are wrong, but rather if you want someone to know why their post was irrelevant wouldn't it be a good idea to tell them why rather than leave them in the dark?
[ From the OP]. Guys, once again, my beef was with Amazon not with the great people I‘ve already met here. Wasn’t trying to start an argument amongst kind folks who stopped and took time to comment and/or offer advice on my situation. Thanks to everyone, now let’s go fly?

Reactions: pelagic_one
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d