DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Has anyone flown an M2P with MPP props

rfc

Reactions
I've read all the threads I could find on the subject regarding props and noise with the M2P, including one that informally measured the M2P at 3db noisier than the MPP. My own observations confirm this. I believe it's all of that. I know the A/C is a lot heavier than the MPP, and the props are different, but I'd be willing to accept a big hit in flight time or other performance aspects, for a quieter A/C.

Has anyone tried just putting the MPP props on an M2P?

From the DJI site:
3.Can the Mavic 2's low-noise propellers be used on the Mavic Pro Platinum?
No, the sizes are different, and therefore cannot be used on the Mavic Pro Platinum.

It implies that the props for the M2 are lower noise than the MPP props. It also talks about going from the M2 to the MPP, not the other way around. I know the M2 props are bigger (longer) but I do not know if the mounting bracket is the same size for both. I doubt it since the motors are also different size. There are some owners of both so it should be easy for one to try and report back here.

From the DJI site:
3.Can the Mavic 2's low-noise propellers be used on the Mavic Pro Platinum?
No, the sizes are different, and therefore cannot be used on the Mavic Pro Platinum.

It implies that the props for the M2 are lower noise than the MPP props. It also talks about going from the M2 to the MPP, not the other way around. I know the M2 props are bigger (longer) but I do not know if the mounting bracket is the same size for both. I doubt it since the motors are also different size. There are some owners of both so it should be easy for one to try and report back here.
Thanks for that; I rarely look at DJI''s site. It makes sense that the M2P props won't work on an original Mavic or the MPP, because they are longer; the clearance to the rear corners is very small; they'd probably hit. But that would probably not apply the other way around; i.e. shorter MPP props on an M2P.
Hopefully someone with both can confirm one way or another, and if confirmed that they fit, might have flown with them.

Both the MPP and M2 have blade and ESC low noise technology so swapping blades between them doesn't make sense to me. M2 blades on M1P makes more potential sense.

Both the MPP and M2 have blade and ESC low noise technology so swapping blades between them doesn't make sense to me. M2 blades on M1P makes more potential sense.
It only makes sense if the noise difference between the MPP and M2P is due to the props. They're different. the MPP is much quieter than the M2P. If not the props, then why?

It only makes sense if the noise difference between the MPP and M2P is due to the props. They're different. the MPP is much quieter than the M2P. If not the props, then why?
The M2P is heavier. The propeller design is similar and Interchangeable although the M2P’s are longer. 3 dB is not a big difference.image.jpg
The silver ones are M2P stock propellers.

The M2P is heavier. The propeller design is similar and Interchangeable although the M2P’s are longer. 3 dB is not a big difference.View attachment 47704
The silver ones are M2P stock propellers.
Thanks for confirming that they fit. Now, if only someone can confirm that it flies quieter with them (or not).
By the way, 3db IS a big difference: twice the sound pressure level. Look at the early ads for the MPP. DJI was touting that it was 3db quieter than the Mavic 1.

my mavic 2 pro is much quieter than my mavic pro. There is no comparison. From 3 feet, the mp 2 registers 69db while my mavic is 77db from 3 feet away. each db is double btw, so 3 db is a huge difference as in 8 times...

Keep in mind that there was a significant difference in sound levels between the original Mavic and the Mavic Platinum. Yes, the M2P is supposed to be quieter than the original Mavic but I'm betting it's NOT quieter than the MPP. I've ordered a set of MPP props to try.
Stay tuned.

Putting a smaller prop on is not going to lead to quieter operation. The M2P is heavier than the M1P, :. it needs more thrust. A smaller blade will have to be spun faster. I'll eat my hat if it's quieter.

It shouldn't be a surprise that the M1PP with noise optimized props and similar ESC's would be quieter. The M2 has over 20% more mass and slightly larger rotors of a similar design, it would be quite difficult for it to be much quieter, it's considerably more energy overall. It's definitely possible, but considering the aircraft isn't 20% larger overall it's not hard to see why.

I've flown with a buddy that has the Mavic platinum and the MP 2 pro is not quieter. Similar but not quieter...

Reactions: rfc
I've seen a few people that have tested the MPP props on their Message and they didn't notice any difference, but that doesn't mean they tested it under all possible conditions.

The M2 blades are a tad too long to fit the PM and MPP, but they are physically able to be mounted. The M2 blades will just scratch up the MP or MPP during operation.

I only say this to let people know in case they have MPP blades on hand and can't fly at all until their M2 blades arrive.

(A bandaid can hold things together until you can get stitches...)

UPDATE:
I flew the M2P with the MPP props. Measured the SPL 3' directly below the hovering A/C. Then did the same with the original equipment props. There was really very (and I mean very) slight difference. Possibly 1db(A). But the variation I saw had more to do with the slight air currents (the A/C makes more noise when it's attempting to stay on station). The shorter MPP props turned about 200 rpm faster at hover (5470 vs. 5250).

I'm calling it a wash. Same sound level. I'm sure though that the M2P is NOT as quiet as the MPP, each with their factory standard props. I can't measure that because I don't have the MPP any more :(, but it would make sense given how much lighter the MPP is. Guess I'll just have to live with it, for the sake of the better camera.

Last edited:
Reactions: Elton Hammonds
UPDATE:
I flew the M2P with the MPP props. Measured the SPL 3' directly below the hovering A/C. Then did the same with the original equipment props. There was really very (and I mean very) slight difference. Possibly 1db(A). But the variation I saw had more to do with the slight air currents (the A/C makes more noise when it's attempting to stay on station). The shorter MPP props turned about 200 rpm faster at hover (5470 vs. 5250).

I'm calling it a wash. Same sound level. I'm sure though that the M2P is NOT as quiet as the MPP, each with their factory standard props. I can't measure that because I don't have the MPP any more :(, but it would make sense given how much lighter the MPP is. Guess I'll just have to live with it, for the sake of the better camera.
No doubt, due to decreased surface area.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lzt300b