DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Has anyone made an easy to use video editor yet?

J3ffrey

Reactions
I am a Premiere Pro user.. what a pita it is to use this to edit videos from the drone, a simple thing like "ken burns" effect isn't automatic...still? Or maybe my search just didnt yield any results.. not sure.

Looking for something that wont require a class to learn, and just gets the job done.. don't have any macs around that can run imovie, and looked at a couple different programs last night. Too bad windows killed movie maker.. we don't all want to upload videos to the cloud!!

Anyone have any recent experience with a drone centered video editing software?

I too use Premiere Pro. The more you work with it (like anything else) the easier it gets.
I also use Pinnacle Studio 26 which is more user-friendly for fast jobs

Reactions: drhitch54
I too use Premiere Pro. The more you work with it (like anything else) the easier it gets.
Yeah.. 99% of adobe is great (a few years ago I was putting together 90 min movies with multiple camera angles and 100's of cuts) but, sometimes I just want to throw pictures in and have it do all the magic as far as pan and zoom effects, etc.. looking up PS 26 right now. Thank you.

Premiere Pro is more of a professional tool so locking a basic type of editing task (keyframes) into a preset doesn't make sense, hence - no magic button. I think even most entry level editors require a little time to learn but a very simple cheap program called Power Director has had this ability for many years they call it 'Magic Motion' and it has about 25 preset to chose from.

But of course if you want to do a slide show with 50 photos, that would require you to pick one of the presets for motion or scaling for each picture which; some may find as difficult as setting keyframes in the first place.

Or just Call Ken Burns and see if he'll hook you up with his ACE and Director. ;)

I keed, I keed. Seriously take a look at Power Director

Reactions: Torque
Will do, thank you! I spent 4 hours today putting together a 3.5 min video in PP and was miffed that even after all these years, they still haven't put something in to just have a photo do some random movement..

Reactions: Hauptmann
Premiere Pro is more of a professional tool so locking a basic type of editing task (keyframes) into a preset doesn't make sense, hence - no magic button. I think even most entry level editors require a little time to learn but a very simple cheap program called Power Director has had this ability for many years they call it 'Magic Motion' and it has about 25 preset to chose from.

But of course if you want to do a slide show with 50 photos, that would require you to pick one of the presets for motion or scaling for each picture which; some may find as difficult as setting keyframes in the first place.

Or just Call Ken Burns and see if he'll hook you up with his ACE and Director. ;)

I keed, I keed. Seriously take a look at Power Director
Yup, that's exactly what I'm looking for. I spent hours picking out the exact parts of the videos for this drone video today. At the end when I realize that there was no quick button to push for the 35 photos that needed to go in the middle to have the pan and zoom, I almost cancelled the sub to PP that moment.

Will be buying the full priced sub to Power director. Running out to dinner, but I see they talk about A.I. hmmm wonder what that's all about! More fun to be had tomorrow!

Yup, that's exactly what I'm looking for. I spent hours picking out the exact parts of the videos for this drone video today. At the end when I realize that there was no quick button to push for the 35 photos that needed to go in the middle to have the pan and zoom, I almost cancelled the sub to PP that moment.

Will be buying the full priced sub to Power director. Running out to dinner, but I see they talk about A.I. hmmm wonder what that's all about! More fun to be had tomorrow!
In Premiere;
1. Keyframe movement & scaling on a photo.
2. Copy that photo.
3. Right click on a photo, select “paste attributes”
4. Check all the attributes you want to paste, this can include most all effects/filters if you like.

Voila, if you checked “motion” you’ve now got the same motion keyframes on as many clips as you like.

It’s not Power Dir but it will save you a lot of time!

In Premiere;
1. Keyframe movement & scaling on a photo.
2. Copy that photo.
3. Right click on a photo, select “paste attributes”
4. Check all the attributes you want to paste, this can include most all effects/filters if you like.

Voila, if you checked “motion” you’ve now got the same motion keyframes on as many clips as you like.

It’s not Power Dir but it will save you a lot of time!
I appreciate you and the fact that you typed that all out. Totally understand how to copy attributes between clips, but the same movement just isn't going to work here, for 20+ photos.

Got home and checked out power director.. talk about intuitive and great features.. and FAST.. I'm sold. Right clicking always pulled up what I was looking for. Super easy to get pan/zoom and apply all transitions QUICKLY to every clip.. Ability to QUICKLY edit each individual as far lighting, HDR, etc.. goes...

drag and drop and quickly edit how long things are..

This is exactly what I was looking for. They have a sub from me for sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: SethB
I used Videopad forever. I hated it, but I used because I paid for it. I just switched to Filmora. Don't know much about it but the Ken Burns effect is dead simple.

Reactions: bassnbeau
Windows added 'Video Editor' back to Windows 10 if you want simple and free. The old 'Movie Maker' is also available for free if you miss it. Either is OK for simple stuff like nipping of beginnings and ends and making transitions between scenes. I use Camtasia mostly...

Check out the Da Vinci Resolve Speed Editor on the Black Magic website. I'm no editor and the task is daunting for me, but I bought one and it makes editing so much easier and faster. Look at some of their videos on how it is used. It is quite an amazing piece of gear.

Last edited:

There was a great slide editing programme that I bought years ago that did what you want. It was called Proshow Producer. Thankfully I own it because it got sold out to another company who are now charging by the month, I believe, but under a different name. Do a google search and you may find the new company and see what they are offering. It was a great slide show producing piece of software. They made a cheaper version called ProShow Gold, as well. It really was fairly simple to use.

Stop using Adobe products unless you want an expensive subscription and a PhD learning curve.
I love Pinnacle Studio and absolutely hate Adobe Premiere....expensive subscription and steep learning curve.

Pinnacle Studio package from importing clips to producing final videos in multitude of formats. Lots of built-in features including titling and royalty-free music.

I've found that Filmora "automates," or at least dramatically simplifies, a lot of complex tasks. I've been teaching myself Premiere just because it ultimately is a more powerful editor, but for relatively basic cuts, Filmora is so much easier and intuitive. And cheaper...

Reactions: bassnbeau
I've found that Filmora "automates," or at least dramatically simplifies, a lot of complex tasks. I've been teaching myself Premiere just because it ultimately is a more powerful editor, but for relatively basic cuts, Filmora is so much easier and intuitive. And cheaper...
Have to say, I had to redo the video completely and I used power director instead of Premier pro. It was a dream and done in record time, vs PP.. there's so many short cuts.. cancelled the trial of Adobe PP and bought the sub to power director.. happy to pay it.

Reactions: SethB
Have to say, I had to redo the video completely and I used power director instead of Premier pro. It was a dream and done in record time, vs PP.. there's so many short cuts.. cancelled the trial of Adobe PP and bought the sub to power director.. happy to pay it.
I’m glad you found what you needed!

Would love to see what you’ve done with Power Director (hint hint)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost