DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hate rain and sunset.....

SCK

Reactions
rained here all day yesterday and this morning. By the time I finished the "to do" list the sun was down so 2 days without being able to get the M2Z in the air..... I find myself looking for OPEN places to put it up in the air as I drive around :) Found a nice harvested corn field that is about a mile long and 1/2 mile wide that should be a great place to practice and learn. Not real pretty for videos but I am not concerned with that yet. Just want to push the distance that I am comfortable with and play with the camera settings. I still have a hard time trusting that I can take it that far out and still have control. too much time with my toy drone I guess.....

In our fairly 'Newbie' opinion, you're doing just fine, based solely on your cautious attitude. Keep it that way - avoid Sudden Confidence Syndrome at all costs, and you'll gradually grow into a Zone where you're seriously enjoying Flying. Worked for us.

Rgds, NAVMAV.

A good way to find empty fields or places to fly is google maps with satellite view.

the rain flooded the field I was planning on going to (figured that was a bad idea) so found a different spot. not as big but big enough to make me nervous. I know 7800ft is not much for yall but it was far enough that I was having a hard time spotting it. the directional arrow on the map is VERY nice!! forgot my landing pad so I had to use a floor mat from the car. RTH landed dead center on the mat when I was testing it out.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velmapeterson