DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 4 Pro, Air 3, and Air 3S... RID, FAA, Ban, Registration, and Performance

Considering the RID/registration requirements and performance, and the potential ban, which drone?

• Mini 4 Pro

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Air 3

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Air 3S

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters
I think I understood his question to be even though the majority of the forum favors the Air 3, it appears the poll is currently pulling for the Mini 4 Pro and the question is "why so?" I gave my personal opinion why I would choose the Mini 4 Pro between the two if I were buying today.

The Mavic 3 reference seems in left field in a comparison between M4P and A3.

FWIW, I have both, and for image quality, I'd fly the A3 over the M4P any day. Never mind they have the same sensor. There's much more to computational photography than just the image sensor.

The M4P has other advantages over the A3, mainly lighter regulation and all the specifics therein.

The Mavic 3 reference seems in left field in a comparison between M4P and A3.

FWIW, I have both, and for image quality, I'd fly the A3 over the M4P any day. Never mind they have the same sensor. There's much more to computational photography than just the image sensor.

The M4P has other advantages over the A3, mainly lighter regulation and all the specifics therein.
I chose the A3S but my thoughts were mostly it's too late to buy the A3 unless you don't mind getting burned like so many felt when they purchased the M3 and shortly along came the Pro....with a smart controller; price....discontinued.

I chose the A3S but my thoughts were mostly it's too late to buy the A3 unless you don't mind getting burned like so many felt when they purchased the M3 and shortly along came the Pro....with a smart controller; price....discontinued.

Ahhh, I get you now. I can see the annoyance with the rapidity with which the M3 line was released.

The A3S is coming out over a year after the A3, so not quite the sting the Mavic 3 Pro exacted.

Reactions: mavic3usa
27,500 Dollars.

NO RID will be used mainly for repeat offenders. They will now have a definate record tied to your number-No-one is on a screen somewhere watching RID numbers {Maybe some Karens).

Not just through RID BUT yes You risk that if you Fly close to such events. This rule about Drone flying is usually well known by everyone before the event.

It is focused not only on DJI drones of ALL weights and sizes but some of their products as well. The Ban will only effect DJI.
I think in the end any drone already produced and that has received FCC approval at the time the law passes will be O.K.
Government agencies that wish to keep thier DJI's will have to pay a tariff to do so.
That ban would also include Autel,but I find it hard to believe there will be a ban in the end.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigTonka