DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hate to fly because of disconnects

PrivatePilot

Reactions
I'm along the many who have an Android device (Samsung 7S) and experience the app disconnects during almost every flight after about 10-12 minutes of flight. I have to stop and reboot the app and hope my bird doesn't crash. I have not tried the Lichi app. If I were to purchase the Lichi app, do you think I would have better conmections?

I also have the S7, and it was very problematic, with all the app crashes. I made sure to have my action set to RTH with signal loss, be sure to set your RTH altitude higher than anything else, etc etc.

I switched to Litchi about a week or so after I got my Mavic, and haven't looked back. That was about 3 weeks ago. I know that Litchi is "glitchi" for some people, but for ME, I've never had one single issue with it (I hope I didn't just jinx myself!) Anyway, you might try it. You have an hour to test it before you can't get a refund. Good luck!

I'm along the many who have an Android device (Samsung 7S) and experience the app disconnects during almost every flight after about 10-12 minutes of flight. I have to stop and reboot the app and hope my bird doesn't crash. I have not tried the Lichi app. If I were to purchase the Lichi app, do you think I would have better conmections?

i just avoided all the headaches, i was losing connection on my nexus 6p often so i just bought an ipad mini 4. and it works perfect.

Thanks for the info on reducing the resolution. As the flight time increases the temp of the phone also increases which I suspect could be causing the app to disconnect. I do have my RTH default set for signal loss and RTH altitude set adequately. I think I'll give the Litchi app a try also. I love to fly my bird but I just hate those moments of disconnect and I sure don't really like the idea of dropping $300 plus for something in the IOS line just to fly the drone.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
inecho