DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hats off to the FAA & DJI

Tampa

Reactions
First time flying in a restricted area (Airspace D with an airport nearly adjacent to the subject). Went to FAADroneZone.com (had pre registered), logged in, filled out the Airspace Authorization request and in less than 72 hours (and that includes over the weekend) I had the Certificate of Waiver Authorization back and approved.

Next, went to DJI Flysafe area on their website, filled out the requested info to unlock the area to fly and in about 3 hours had the unlocking instructions and code.

Wow, the system worked exactly as it was designed.

Well done.

First time flying in a restricted area (Airspace D with an airport nearly adjacent to the subject). Went to FAADroneZone.com (had pre registered), logged in, filled out the Airspace Authorization request and in less than 72 hours (and that includes over the weekend) I had the Certificate of Waiver Authorization back and approved.

Next, went to DJI Flysafe area on their website, filled out the requested info to unlock the area to fly and in about 3 hours had the unlocking instructions and code.

Wow, the system worked exactly as it was designed.
You might take a look at AirMap. You can get instant LAANC clearance to fly. 5min, maybe, first time but then it’s almost instant. App is free and on the FAA’s list of approved apps for this purpose. I use it every time I fly. I am on the edge of at least 2 NFZs, Chandler Regional and others.

You might take a look at AirMap. You can get instant LAANC clearance to fly. 5min, maybe, first time but then it’s almost instant. App is free and on the FAA’s list of approved apps for this purpose. I use it every time I fly. I am on the edge of at least 2 NFZs, Chandler Regional and others.
Thanks for the heads up, will go there in the future. More than anything I want to see how the process worked with FAA and DJI.

Question: if you fly using the AirMap App does that flight time cross over into the DJIGo4 app's logbook? (I have a drone pilot job seeking app that wants total hours, but it would be so convenient to fly right on the Airmap App)

Question: if you fly using the AirMap App does that flight time cross over into the DJIGo4 app's logbook? (I have a drone pilot job seeking app that wants total hours, but it would be so convenient to fly right on the Airmap App)
I don’t think so.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803