DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Have an opportunity to get a Mavic pro from a local pawn shop…. Good deal?

caryflyboy

Reactions
I have the opportunity to get a Mavic pro from my local pawn shop, for $450-500.00. It looks barely flown, has one battery and the shoulder bag. Wondering if that is a good deal or not? I have a Mini SE and love the little drone.

For a point of comparison, a little less than 2 years ago, I purchased a Mavic Pro w/ 5 flights on it and in like-new condition with a fly more kit and a hard case for $400 shipped from Cali to Virginia. I would suggest that you can locate much better deals than the one you describe.

Reactions: danwnz and Capt KO
I have the opportunity to get a Mavic pro from my local pawn shop, for $450-500.00. It looks barely flown, has one battery and the shoulder bag. Wondering if that is a good deal or not? I have a Mini SE and love the little drone.
Compare with prices on ebay.

Since it's an in-person deal, have the shop owner turn on the drone connected to a device so you can view status of drone and battery. Of course, that is not possible without a controller. You can't tell how much it has been flown by visual appearance. So, NO, it's not a good deal.

I have my Mini SE and love that drone. Was thinking that one that is available may be a little better for lakefront flying since it is ALWAYS windy near Chicago lakefront for some reason… maybe I’ll see if he will sell it a little cheaper. I know it has one led lit on battery so battery hasn’t been completely dead while he had it, but still if it’s 5 years old that battery may be due for replacement soon.

I'd go for a lot cheaper Oh wait I'd pass it up completely much better deals out there

Reactions: FLDave
Pretty much a NO-GO especially considering the shady rep of pawn shops. I would NEVER purchase such a highly delicate device like a camera drone from thsis sort of shady business which normally purchases stolen and abused items... sure, you MAY luck out but the odds are you will be HIGHLY DISAPPOINTED. Keep searching...

Mavic Pro is not really worth buying even if in perfect condition, if you care about the photo or video quality. You can probably find a Mavic 2 Pro second hand for around $600-650 if you find someone on ebay etc looking to get rid of it.

Reactions: Bob in Savannah
I should probably be happy with my Mini SE that is not even a month old yet. It handles the chicago winds ok, just some days it is too windy to risk flying it by the lakefront because of the tall buildings as well as well the lake itself.

Reactions: Bob in Savannah
Keep lookin’ be patient you’ll get it for less. Great purchase when you do 🧡

👍🏻🙄✌🏼

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman