DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Have you ever forgotten to put your micro SD card back into your drone?

Have you ever forgotten to put your micro SD card back into your drone?

• Total voters

African wildlife

Reactions
Myself, I've never forgotten - but I know that others have. But how many of you have forgotten? And has it happened to you more than once?

Reactions: joeywestside
Myself, I've never forgotten - but I know that others have. But how many of you have forgotten? And has it happened to you more than once?
I am constantly forgetting the one I had in the drone. I put it in computer to download files and there she stays. However I have one in my flight case pretty much always as there is two slots for them. So when I determine that I messed up I do a flip-flop when I get home.

I also have built in memory in aircraft so when I take off without it tells me to switch over to internal so I don't miss a shot regardless. :)

Reactions: MavicAir2Marc
Every since going on an excursions in Aruba and forgetting to put one back in our Go Pro, I have never forgot it again.

But I just might do what was suggested and getting a few spares to carry.

I'm guessing this is unlikely to happen, but it would be good to get hundreds of people voting either "never", "once", or "more than once" to see a reasonable representation of what actually happens.

The suggestion to always carry a spare micro SD is a good one. We already do that in case of the usual micro SD card malfunctioning (which is yet to happen, as the genuine SanDisk ones are highly reliable).

The best approach is to systematically train your brain over time. After downloading data onto a laptop or portable HD, then reformatting the card, I always immediately take it out and put in back in the drone. Every time. Immediately. This then becomes a habit. If you do the same - your very best - with everything in life, it becomes your normal or default setting. You'll still mess up with some new things, which can catch you out, but there'll be a massive overall improvement. The human brain is even better than a DJI drone. :cool:

I have a few times but fortunately the UAS/App now tells you.

We swap the data card out after every battery swap in order to minimize DATA loss should an incident happen. For this reason we have several SD cards and have the ability to back them up in the field. We use an SD Card Wallet (aluminum one) and it's paid for itself many times over. We have one for each UAS and they all have several cards each.

I also have a pair of spare SPARES in my vehicle just in case.

In addition to having the spares for when you forget to bring one, you want the spares because the cards will fail at some point. While they are usually very reliable, they have a finite number of writes to the card.

I did once when I was getting shot of the sunset. Thankfully I saw the no SD card icon on my phone and landed it quickly, lol. Fortunately I was able to get back up and get something. I left it in the lightning cable and forgot to put it back in the drone. Needless to say after I’m done uploading the pictures and video, I put it back

I have a very short track record, being a newb, but so far I have made it a point to always put a card in the drone as soon as I take one out. That way it doesn't really matter if I forget and leave one in the computer.

Reactions: MavicAir2Marc
Yes I've done it a few times and come to very much appreciate the Mavic 2's onboard memory. I use a variety of different camera bags depending what else is going with the drone and they don't all have spare cards in them. That said I only shoot for personal use and not anyone else otherwise I'd be much more careful, many times I just chuck the drone in the bag to take with me with nothing particular in mind so it's an annoyance if I've forgotten a card.

Shop around a bit, you might find them cheaper elsewhere. That was just the first item on a search page

I always keep a spare microsd card in the Fly More bag for when I travel. At home I’ve forgotten to put it back in. No sweat, just go and get it. If you’re traveling you really do need a back-up card in your bag.

I forgot my phone to remote cable just this morning ?

• Haha
Reactions: Mavikhan

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtfuture11