DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro Have you ever seen Flying Fish?!

Proffy

Reactions
Each autumn and spring one can see an exciting phenomenon here, as the fish try to clear the rapid by jumping over it. About 300 years ago, Jacob, the Duke of Courland, invented a way to catch with baskets placed along the rapid the fish that came upstream to breed and jumped across the rapid. Due to these fishing devices invented by Duke Jacob, Kuldīga used to be called to be a town where you can catch salmon in the air. One could catch as many as 80—100 salmon a day.

That was insane! Love the music, perfect accompaniment. I learned a lot, but mostly that some salmon are better than others at jumping rapids.

Reactions: Proffy
The wife and I have seen them several time from the cruise ship but they are not like the ones from your video.

Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: careless and Proffy
I have too see them all the time while cruising in the Caribbean (at least when it was allowed). Your video reminds me when I used to watch the salmons going upstream when stationed in Alaska. :)

That was insane! Love the music, perfect accompaniment. I learned a lot, but mostly that some salmon are better than others at jumping rapids.

Thanks! Yeah, that’s really a Super Salmon! [emoji1587]‍♀️

Great videos

The wife and I have seen them several time from the cruise ship but they are not like the ones from your video.

Thanks for sharing.

Yeah! That’s a real flying fish. Here’s it’s a salmon :)

Each autumn and spring one can see an exciting phenomenon here, as the fish try to clear the rapid by jumping over it. About 300 years ago, Jacob, the Duke of Courland, invented a way to catch with baskets placed along the rapid the fish that came upstream to breed and jumped across the rapid. Due to these fishing devices invented by Duke Jacob, Kuldīga used to be called to be a town where you can catch salmon in the air. One could catch as many as 80—100 salmon a day.
Dancing fish to the conductor of waves. ??

• Haha
Not many gonna be breeding. Only the ones smart, or lucky, enough to find that slot. The rest are just too tired. Lol dinner

Fun video

• Haha

Thanks for sharing.

One of the exciting and fun parts of my job as a fishing capt. Retired pre drones though, bummer

I have too see them all the time while cruising in the Caribbean (at least when it was allowed). Your video reminds me when I used to watch the salmons going upstream when stationed in Alaska. :)

Ow how! The Caribbean’s! Sound like a dream during this time! [emoji41][emoji7][emoji1303]

Not many gonna be breeding. Only the ones smart, or lucky, enough to find that slot. The rest are just too tired. Lol dinner

Fun video
I found out, there's a cliff at the middle. Looks like this a lucky spot to get to the top!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenakeetwo