DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Have you had your Part 107 license for two years or more?

PhotoDB

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Just a quick public service announcement. I got my Part 107 FAA License 1 year and 364 days ago. Tomorrow it would have been considered out of date, had I not taken the recurrent online test at FAASafety.gov. It's so simple to do, anyone can do it. Even if you've forgotten everything you ever learned for your original 107 test, you are given a three-part review (about 90 minutes worth), and then you take a 45-minute quiz (open book) online. Any questions answered wrong, you get to immediately retake. They give you 90 minutes to complete the questions, and I was done in less than 25.
One other hint, having a user name and password on FAA.gov or FAADroneZone won't get you into this site.
See screengrab below:
1) Register for a new login to FAASafety.gov - wait five minutes for a temp password to arrive in your inbox (maybe ten minutes)
2) Log in with the temp password and create your own
3) Click this link (below) to get started with the Part 107 Recurrent exam.
1642303515182.png

This test only for those renewing their Part 107 FAA license?

I do see the “recurrent”, but one must ask these things…

The Pt. 107 recurrent is now free and so much more accessible!

In addition to those coming up on their 2yr. currency requirement, a couple others may be interested to take it:

a) anyone who is interested in learning more about Pt. 107. This is available to anyone, 24/7, for free!

b) Any Pt. 107 pilot who took their initial prior to April 2021. In April, the exam changed to reflect the new regs around night flying without a waiver, operations over people, and operations over vehicles. Even if you’re at month 12 you can get a new currency for 24 mos, also getting qualified in those three areas. Those particular newer Pt. 107 operations are only available to PICs who’ve passed an initial or recurrent exam since the April ‘21 update.

Okay, just took the online recurrent test and have my "certificate". To make sure I fully understand, I still use my original license/certificate that expires on Monday? But I must keep a copy of my certificate of achievement to show that I am valid for another 2 years from the date of the cerificate?

Reactions: IMADMAN
Okay, just took the online recurrent test and have my "certificate". To make sure I fully understand, I still use my original license/certificate that expires on Monday? But I must keep a copy of my certificate of achievement to show that I am valid for another 2 years from the date of the cerificate?
Yes, we have to carry our original blue card and our current certificate when flying.

See the first faq on this FAA webpage:

Reactions: Paul Stocum
Greetings all, I'm coming up on my two-year 107 recurrent training deadline and was reminded how poor the FAA's website UI's are. Hopefully someday all UAV-related issues such as drone registration, testing, and renewal could all be linked from one page! Anyways, I signed up on FAAsafety and entered my cert number when I received a user ID, but when I look at my profile I don't see anything that links my cert number to my FAAsafety profile. When you complete the test and print the proof, does the cert number appear?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada