DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Have you upgraded you Mini 2 to 1.04.0000 firmware?

What firmware do you have on your Mini 2?

• 1.04.0000 and I have no problems

Votes: 16 34.0%
  • 1.04.0000 but I have some issues

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • 1.03.0000 for me, thanks

Votes: 24 51.1%

• Total voters
When it comes to dji if you're lucky enough for everything to actually work with no issues. DONT update they have a habit of introducing more issues with each update. If it works don't fix it.

This problem is a chronic problem of DJI MINI 1, MINI 2 and MINI 3. (ALL HAVE THIS DEFECT)
I was a victim of "this" defective firmware.
It actually works like this: Dones 1, 2 and 3 DO NOT have a cooling fan. If the update takes a long time, more than 8 minutes, it may cause the 5.8 GHZ chipset to burn out.
This information should be mentioned in the equipment manual and even in the DJI FLY informing to perform the firmware update ONLY on cold days or in places with a lot of ventilation.
Even recommending the use of mechanical winds to help cool the equipment during the update.
In Brazil some companies manage to change this chipset. DJI's recommendation (support) is to change the coreboard (motherboard.)
This amateur error (hidden defect) should be treated with respect for the customer. If you search the internet, you will see MANY people reporting the same defect. DJI Forum, MAVIC PILOTS Forum, Youtube.
Just put "DJI 5.8 GHZ stop work" and you will see several complaints.

I bought my drone at BESTBUY in Canada in November 2022 and I came to Brazil. I received the update 01.06.0200 and performed the update in the living room at home. Since then, the 5.8 GHZ has never worked again.
I opened a call at DJI Brasil and they informed me that I should send my drone to Canada for analysis and they forwarded my call to DJI Los Angeles.
Since then I've been exchanging messages with DUKE (DJI support team employee) and so far no solution.

It is absurd for a product to be sold with such a basic error that a simple message on DJI FLY would solve it.
I am very disappointed with the quality of DJI products and the lack of support.
It explains why the guarantee is not global! (ugh)

it may cause the 5.8 GHZ chipset to burn out.
When I first bought my Mini 2 over a year ago and started "playing around" with in on my desk, doing updates, playing around with camera settings, exploring the menus, etc… I also noticed the heat that my little bird was making so I placed a small fan in front of it. Later, I bought a small computer fan, one that can be powered by 5-volts at at thrift shop (cost like 50-cents…) and I installed the fan in a small box and wired it up to an old USB cable. I do not have any photos of the box, but the fan is installed in the base, so it can draw in air, the top of the box has holes drilled in it to let the air out and I place my drone on the box and plug the USB cable into my computer and it blows a slight breeze into the bottom of my drone and it never gets warm now, let alone HOT…

So, without being sarcastic, I say, "Chill Out" with a Fan…

• Haha
Reactions: ghvsoftarts
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BluMav