DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Haven't flown my Mavic Air in a while

PhotobyWD

Reactions
Hello all, I haven't flown my Mavic Air in quite a while and when I went into Kittyhawk i noticed all these green boxes around the out side of the 5 mile limit. My location is right on the outside line of the boxes. My question is can I fly within these boxes or not? They are outside the 5 mile limit to the local airport so I assume I can, please correct me if I am mistaken. Seems like our air space is shrinking more and more. Thanks in advance for any helpful input. JNNR

If you don't have a remote pilot license, you can currently only fly in Class G airspace or within authorized fixed sites in controlled airspace. See more details here:

So after all this information could someone please tell me what the green boxes indicate or what air space is within the green boxes??? The boxes are outside the 5 mile limit so does that mean I can fly there as long as I am registered with the FAA as a hobbyist?

could someone please tell me what the green boxes indicate or what air space is within the green boxes?
Those are locations where you need FAA authorization to fly.

Kittyhawk apparently doesn't explain what they mean. You can find more information about them if you tap them on the FAA UAS Data map.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
survey-rich