DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Having issues with Airdata UAV and my second hand smart controller

I would think you simply delete every thing prior to 2023.
What have you read about a process that would result in the need to "reactivate" the drone?
I have never read about that being possible.

Reactions: Ronny St.
I would think you simply delete every thing prior to 2023.
What have you read about a process that would result in the need to "reactivate" the drone?
I have never read about that being possible.
Does it is ok to delete only the logs in the .txt file? If there are some shortcuts or links they could be broken resulting in errors...
About the reactivation: during my hours and hours of extensive reading on the internet, I found some guys who did a factory reset and when they powered it back on, the software asked them to activate the drone (as it does when it is new). But since that serial number had been activated before, they could not bind it to their own dji account and they got completely stuck. And that is what is keeping me from doing a factory reset.

Does it is ok to delete only the logs in the .txt file? If there are some shortcuts or links they could be broken resulting in errors...
You can delete the TXT flight logs from inside of DJI Fly. Go to "Profile" (at the bottom) --> "More" (on the left) --> and tap and swipe to the left on the flight logs you want to delete.

That is the strange part: in the app the flight logs of the previous owner don't show up, but they can be found in the .txt file (see the attachment of #20 from this topic) and that must be the place where Airdata found them to mix them with my other Airdata flights with my Mavic Mini and Mini 2. I want to avoid this happens again the next time I will synchronize, since I had to look and delete the previous owner's flights.

If you don't see the flight logs in DJI Fly, then it sounds like you're good to go as-is.

Well, we are now a few days later and I finally got the weather to do some flights with my M2P. All goes well, but I still have troubles with my Airdata UAV account, it is even getting worser... The name the previous owner assigned to the aircraft (flyingflagey) still shows up under 'equipment'. I have deleted all flights on the DJI GO4 app as advised in this forum. Then I gave the drone a new name (just 'DJI Mavic 2 Pro') and did a new flight. And yes: in the DJI Go4 app it got his new name. But on Airdata UAV it still shows the old one :(. I re-synchronized all flight in DJI GO4 app and in Airdata, but the issue remains. It got even worse: after synchronization some of my previous flights got the same date and time, will is quite impossible. The flight path etc is indeed different, but the date and time is incorrect.
When I go to the last flight in Airdata, with the wrong assigned old aircraft name 'flyingflagey' and click on that old name, I see the old name again but not the new one, besides the name Mavic Mini and Mavic Mini 2, which are the names of my other aircrafts. And I cannot delete the old name 'flyingflagey' , since on attempting that I get the message that there are 17 flights still assigned to it and that I have to delete these first manually. I searched through the entire list, but there are only 2 flights with that wrong name (the last two ones of which one should have the new name).
So the flight data as seen in Airdata are messed up now...
Someone here who might give me a clue how to fix this?
Thanks for the tips!
PS I already contacted Airdata UAV for this matter 2 times, but they do not respond (my first message was about a week ago already).

Last edited:
All problems solved! Airdata UAV was so kind to offer me a Gold membership for 2 weeks and that opens extra options where I was able, with the help and tips of Airdata UAV, to sort out all issues.
Great service from Airdata UAV :)👍

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest