DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Having some trouble with Iphone X. Iphone 7?

usaken

Reactions
Hi, seems the iphone X is not the ideal pair with the dji pro controller. Due to the touch screen and lack of a home buttonI was thinking about getting an Iphone 7 or 8 to use exclusively with the controller. Of course it would only be used with the controller so wouldnt need cell connection. I do not fly with the cell phone feature, only using it for telemetry. Has anyone else tried this? Is the Iphone 7/8 bright enough to see in bright sun with the brightness turned up? Thanks.

Hi, seems the iphone X is not the ideal pair with the dji pro controller. Due to the touch screen and lack of a home buttonI was thinking about getting an Iphone 7 or 8 to use exclusively with the controller. Of course it would only be used with the controller so wouldnt need cell connection. I do not fly with the cell phone feature, only using it for telemetry. Has anyone else tried this? Is the Iphone 7/8 bright enough to see in bright sun with the brightness turned up? Thanks.
I have a dedicated i7. Never have had any issues other than the tiny screen. Much prefer my iPad mini4

I have flown with an iPhone X for a year and a half with no real issues. The lack of a home button is not an issue, the swipe up works fine. One thing is I need to unlock with my face before putting it into the controller arms since they do block the front camera.

edit: I just got litchi and have not tried to fly with the X and it yet. I do know it is too small to plan missions though.

I'm using the iPhone 11 Pro Max with a protective case and it works fine with my Mavic Mini. I was surprised that it fits the holders.

It would be nice to have a dedicated second phone to use. I own an iPhone 5c that I use for travel (buying a SIM card for countries I visit). It's permanently on Flight Mode and has WiFi enabled. I tried it this morning but the App Store said DJI Fly isn't compatible with the 5c. Are there any other iPhone 5 compatible flying apps that would work with the Mini? Litchi's writeup does mention the 5c. I'd hate to spend the $22 if it's not a good match. Any guidance? Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
When flying I usually switch between my Moverio BT-300 or my iPhone 8 Plus. The larger screen helps, and yes, it’s.mostly bright enough during the day. I always try to find a shady spot to stand and fly though.

A stand-alone iPhone without cell signal would be sufficient, as long as you cached the local map earlier via WiFi.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djiNonMini