DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Having trouble with calibration of forward sensors.

TomD

Reactions
Tried moving drone like picture shows but keep getting error. What am I doing wrong?

It can be a bit confusing...check some youtube vids for clarity and try again. I also had to repeat the process 3 times when my sensors were causing an issue. Good luck.

Reactions: enodog
If this is a new Mavic, make sure you take the clear plastic stickers off of the sensors. (Don't ask how I know.)

Reactions: Steveyg777
It can be a bit confusing...check some youtube vids for clarity and try again. I also had to repeat the process 3 times when my sensors were causing an issue. Good luck.

Thanks once I found that I needed to connect to my iMac for the alignment and found that I did not need to move drone, just rotate up and down following picture I completed the process fine. DJI needs to better explain this process.

Thanks once I found that I needed to connect to my iMac for the alignment and found that I did not need to move drone, just rotate up and down following picture I completed the process fine. DJI needs to better explain this process.

Is calibration necessary? My drone is about 2 weeks old and I have never calibrated it. Flies perfectly using GPS and RTH flawless. I have read the most crashes, erratic flies and flyaways happens right after calibration.

I only calibrate when told to by GoApp or something is not going right. I calibrated the vision sensors when I got the message "Vision positioning system error". In the "Ready to Fly" spot.

I have an imac and struggled to calibrate until i removed a helper app to another programme (Devon think pro). It was behaving extremely sluggish until then (20-30 seconds between update of square on the screen!) ended up holding the mavic precisely for about 10 minutes and now my right bicep is four inches thicker than my left lol [emoji23]

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHU