DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hawk vs. Mavic 2 Zoom

You got lucky :)

The hawk actually circled closely another 4 times! I couldn't land fast enough and DID dodge a talon!

Climb as soon as it comes towards you. Birds don’t like things flying straight up.

I was not as lucky the drone was ripped out of the air by the hawk. The impact ripped the battery off, a couple of pieces including landing gear extensions

Magnificent bird but very close call! Time for that "Close encounters with birds" thread already.

Few years back, a guy that helped me program pids on my racing quads had a large eagle or hawk actually take his inspire from midair and fly off with it. He never was able to find. So now if I ever see a large bird I immediately head back home as fast as possible, lol.

About 3 months ago I was flying over the Russian River near Keller Ranch, west Sonoma county California. I was watching my video feed on tablet and just happened to look up at my M2P to see a Sea Gull hovering just 2 feet above it. I'm sure it was just curious, but I moved to the right, it followed. I moved back left, it followed still. I was about 300 ft AGL or MSL in this case. I decided to get little aggressive and quickly climbed. The Seagull didn't like that and flew away. Confirming what pjarvo18 said. I have not encountered an Osprey Eagle or a Hawk yet, I suspect they are more aggressive.

Have fun, fly safe.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Faustino