DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

HDMI-out not working? SOLVED

Ridgeback65

Reactions
Greetings. I just purchased the RC Pro controller for my A2s. After a bit of trouble pairing the 2 (it needed the firmware update which was not "suggested" immediately by the app as is usually the case) I am airborne and seem to be flying fine now. The main reason for the upgrade was the built-in bright screen and better user controls. No disappointment there! But another attractive feature for me is the HDMI-out feature. I'd like a film director / art director to be able to watch the flight on their own monitor. I've attempted to connect my 7" Atomos 4K Shogun Inferno AND also an old HD 5" Marshall monitor using 2 different HDMI cables and I can't get a picture on either one from the RC Pro. I'm sure I'm missing some setting. What am I doing wrong? I thought I'd try here first before calling DJI which is a bit hit and miss for me. One potential clue: On the Atomos, when I select the input between HDMI and SDI, it's on HDMI and then when I go to "input settings" sometimes the red "x" (meaning no signal) flickers momentarily to a green "check". To me that indicates some sort of signal is trying to get thru but not enough to make an actual valid connection.

I don't know the answer, but I can say that it works for me. Have you tried a different cable?

Thanks for your reply oztx. Yeah, I tried 2, 4' cables--both on 2 different monitors (a 4K and an HD). 1 cable is brand new. On that note, are all HDMI cables "theoretically" up to the task of transferring signal? I'm guessing all it needs to output is an HD signal but I think most current cables on the market would capable of doing 4K signal?

Reactions: TVQ
Thanks for your reply oztx. Yeah, I tried 2, 4' cables--both on 2 different monitors (a 4K and an HD). 1 cable is brand new. On that note, are all HDMI cables "theoretically" up to the task of transferring signal? I'm guessing all it needs to output is an HD signal but I think most current cables on the market would capable of doing 4K signal?

Well, there are older versions of HDMI that don't support 4K, but I'd think a new cable wouldn't have that problem. In any event, the cable I used came with a TV I had bought a couple of years ago and I used this Mini HDMI to HDMI adapter to connect to the RC Pro: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09MD23K4X

I tried it just to make sure that it still works. I did note that I had to turn the TV off and on again after connecting the cable in order to get it to work.

IMG_2215.jpeg

Problem solved. You have to go to "settings" on the RC Pro menu outside of the Fly App. Within settings -> Display -> HDMI Advanced. I can't recall which exact setting but of the 5 options it was the middle option. Incidentally, inside the Fly App under "Transmission" you can elect to have the signal that is sent to the monitor mirror what is on the RC Pro screen (with all the video and flight settings) or just video feed.

Reactions: GadgetGuy and oztx
Problem solved. You have to go to "settings" on the RC Pro menu outside of the Fly App. Within settings -> Display -> HDMI Advanced. I can't recall which exact setting but of the 5 options it was the middle option. Incidentally, inside the Fly App under "Transmission" you can elect to have the signal that is sent to the monitor mirror what is on the RC Pro screen (with all the video and flight settings) or just video feed.
Yes, the HDMI output for the Fly app is off by default.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803