DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Health of M3P batteries based on recharge cycles?

dji30t

Reactions
I have 3 M3 batteries and 3 newer(4-5 month old) M3 P batteries. Just checked all the batteries with DJI fly app and # of recharge c y les for older batteries at 19, 19, 15 and the voltage for each cell has dropped to around 4.29v and 4.24v. The M3P batteries are around 4.34v and charge cycles are 9, 10, 14.

Do I have to worry at some point if individual cell voltage drops below a certain point such as 4v? Or at how many charge cycles should I replace the batteries? I've heard 100-200 is when you get rid of them.

Thanks.

I have 3 M3 batteries and 3 newer(4-5 month old) M3 P batteries. Just checked all the batteries with DJI fly app and # of recharge c y les for older batteries at 19, 19, 15 and the voltage for each cell has dropped to around 4.29v and 4.24v. The M3P batteries are around 4.34v and charge cycles are 9, 10, 14.

Do I have to worry at some point if individual cell voltage drops below a certain point such as 4v? Or at how many charge cycles should I replace the batteries? I've heard 100-200 is when you get rid of them.

Thanks.
From everything I can determine, the so called Mavic 3 Pro batteries are merely more recently manufactured Mavic 3 batteries, physically identical in every way.

It is not so much the cell voltages themselves, as the deviations between them, that are problematic. As long as the cell voltage deviations remain within .05v of each other and all above 3.7v when fully charged, the only concern will be shortened flight times. You only get rid of them when they start swelling, or aren't delivering enough flight time. 200-300 full charge cycles should be a minimum expectation. Two 50% charges only count as one full cycle. AirData will also give you an estimated percentage remaining of the useful life of the batteries.

From everything I can determine, the so called Mavic 3 Pro batteries are merely more recently manufactured Mavic 3 batteries, physically identical in every way.

It is not so much the cell voltages themselves, as the deviations between them, that are problematic. As long as the cell voltage deviations remain within .05v of each other and all above 3.7v when fully charged, the only concern will be shortened flight times. You only get rid of them when they start swelling, or aren't delivering enough flight time. 200-300 full charge cycles should be a minimum expectation. Two 50% charges only count as one full cycle. AirData will also give you an estimated percentage remaining of the useful life of the batteries.

I had never looked at that screen before in AirData, thanks for the tip!

Screenshot 2023-09-04 070916.jpg

Reactions: GadgetGuy

Do the Mavic 3 Pro batteries look any different compared to the Mavic 3 batteries?

Do the Mavic 3 Pro batteries look any different compared to the Mavic 3 batteries?
Nope. The only difference is that the Mavic 3 Pro batteries may ship with a slightly newer battery FW version, to which the Mavic 3 batteries can easily be updated to. The batteries themselves are completely interchangeable, and indistinguishable, other than in the date of manufacture and shipping FW versions.

Thanks! I had to fly some long missions in pretty heavy winds and just wanted to make sure the M3P made it home.
If you display the cell voltage on the main screen, it will show the lowest cell voltage. Even at 0% remaining battery, they will all still be above 3.5v.
When they get below 3.0v, it's coming down fast! At 0% battery, you have still about 2 minutes of flight time left, in case you need it for an emergency, like getting back over the ocean to dry land! Repeatedly running your batteries down past 0% will reduce future flight times and the useful life of the battery, but is well worth it to save the drone, when needed!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne