DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Heat delay

mavic53

Reactions
Just used glasses and Drone in unusual UK heat. Video lag transmission was enormous. I am hoping the extreme heat was the problem.

Reactions: Bill combs
A few questions:
1. What firmware are your BT-300 smartglasses on?
2. What version is your DJI GO 4 app?
3. What was the temperature when this lag was happening?

A few questions:
1. What firmware are your BT-300 smartglasses on?
2. What version is your DJI GO 4 app?
3. What was the temperature when this lag was happening?
To the best of my knowledge the BT300 firmware is the latest it rarely changes.
It is the latest dji version updated last week
In my car the temp said 33 degrees C.

Was the video normal after the update?

yes the video was normal after the update and today the video was fine it just dodged around strangely because of the delay in the control

You may want to check out some of the recent posts by John Gowland in this forum. He's been in Thailand where the temps are at or above 40°C with his BT-300 having no issues.

Reactions: Welsh pilot
Just used glasses and Drone in unusual UK heat. Video lag transmission was enormous. I am hoping the extreme heat was the problem.
i’m having the same issue with my glasses,i’ve timed the lagging up to 30 seconds its been very frustrating

On a second test in normal heat there was no lag at all. I did get a warning about error in remote controller connection. On pushing the USB cable more firmly in at both ends. The rest of the flight contunued smoothly. I doubt if it was that simple but I shall ensure the connections are firm in in the future. I was getting that similar lag of around 30 secs. Like NASA had to control the cameras on the moon landings. Control of the Drone was unaffected of course just the video lag.

Reactions: Bill combs
You may be doing this already, but are you caching your video & do you have the video transmission set to NORMAL?

On a second test in normal heat there was no lag at all. I did get a warning about error in remote controller connection. On pushing the USB cable more firmly in at both ends. The rest of the flight contunued smoothly. I doubt if it was that simple but I shall ensure the connections are firm in in the future. I was getting that similar lag of around 30 secs. Like NASA had to control the cameras on the moon landings. Control of the Drone was unaffected of course just the video lag.
you and i are going through the same thing so i now know this isn’t some random thing

Question for both of you. Was this your 1st flight of the day with a fully charged battery. Bill combs - what temps were you flying at when the lagging occurred?

You know, one thing I have noticed is that with my M2 zoom I run with the first battery and it's fine, then when I put the second battery in and fly the pad gets hot and lags a lot. I called up Epson and they said 1) Make sure no other program is running and 2) Reset to factory settings if it still does it. I reset the unit but haven't tested it yet.

One thing I have wondered, is it possible that it could be overheating due to the controller continuously charging the bt-300 pad? Theres no way to turn the charging option off so I can't compare.

If you have Wifi, Bluetooth or any of those network options turned ON, I’ve found that they do often create a lag in the BT-300’s video transmission OR if you have any programs running other than the DJI GO 4 app.

I will turn the Bluetooth off n future. Yes it was the first flight of the day.

First flight ever 20 mins in starting lag
About 12 seconds, was very warm in my top pocket.
Needs to be kept cool

The processor in the controller is not a speed demon, The DJI app (especially in the lastest versions) is a resource hog. That's why it does run warm. Mine came with a mount for the DJI controller, which keeps it "in airflow".
When I got mine, I wiped/reset the controller, and just loaded my specific (old) Go4 .apk.
Make sure nothing else is running in the background.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erhard