DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Heating batteries.

SCK

Reactions
I want to take my M2Z out with me when duck hunting. Issue is temps outside a at freezing and duck hunting by default is around water (ie wet) I have a waterproof case for the drone but keeping the batteries in a pocket is really not a great option. I was thinking about getting a waterproof bag and putting the batteries in it with some air activated hand warmers (Hot Hands). the warmers get warm but not hot just didn't know if external heat like that was a good idea.. Thoughts??

I want to take my M2Z out with me when duck hunting. Issue is temps outside a at freezing and duck hunting by default is around water (ie wet) I have a waterproof case for the drone but keeping the batteries in a pocket is really not a great option. I was thinking about getting a waterproof bag and putting the batteries in it with some air activated hand warmers (Hot Hands). the warmers get warm but not hot just didn't know if external heat like that was a good idea.. Thoughts??
I dont see an issue with it. Is there room in the drone bag for the warmer to be wrapped in a small towel? I would think the drone could benefit from the warmth as well. I say that in terms of cold motors and condensation (which could happen either way) and, well, do you like to work when you're frozen?

Maybe get a thermal insulated bag and put that inside a water proof one. I don't recall ever seeing a water proof thermal insulated bag. I think a hand warmer like you mentioned would work great.

the waterproof case is one of the hardsided cases. don't know if there is enough air inside for the pocket warmers.

Maybe get a thermal insulated bag and put that inside a water proof one. I don't recall ever seeing a water proof thermal insulated bag. I think a hand warmer like you mentioned would work great.
maybe a softsided cooler (6packer)???? wrap batteries in some towels to protect and 4-5 of the pocket warmers.

maybe a softsided cooler (6packer)???? wrap batteries in some towels to protect and 4-5 of the pocket warmers.
I didn't think about those, I bet they'd be perfect.

I didn't think about those, I bet they'd be perfect.

I’ll just have to find one that is reversible so it keeps the heat in and the cold out [emoji3]

My have to look into the click-heat. Have not used those in years.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dipshot