DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Heavy Seas at Portreath Harbour, Cornwall UK

Jeremy Clark

Reactions
First time in over a week that the weather allowed me to fly. The wind was close to the limit, but that meant the sea was quite stormy over at Portreath, meaning lots of slo mo crashing waves
?

Enjoy

Lovely stuff. Very envious of the weather. Today is my first day off work for Christmas and I was hoping to get in the air, but as usual it’s grey, raining and windy.

nice vid ,certainly was choppy thats for sure

Reactions: Jeremy Clark
Lovely stuff. Very envious of the weather. Today is my first day off work for Christmas and I was hoping to get in the air, but as usual it’s grey, raining and windy.
Got lucky with a window for a couple of hours. Was touch and go with the wind but the MA2 dealt with it as usual. First time in over a week the weather has allowed any flight, and now looks the same for the next week ??

Reactions: Lastrexking
Very brave flying over the sea in the wind. I’ve only had my MA2 for a few weeks, I live on the Sussex coast and managed to take a photo of Beachy Head lighthouse. That worried me, the drone being over the sea. Once I’ve flown more and get some confidence I expect I’ll be ok.

Attachments

• 99608E24-ADEC-4089-81CE-4E9E802C2B06.jpeg
    99608E24-ADEC-4089-81CE-4E9E802C2B06.jpeg
    1,004.4 KB · Views: 6
What sort of wind speed are you prepared to fly in and still feel reasonably safe?
My anemometer said peaking at 16mph at ground level, so I kept relatively low (there was an altitude warning anyway), expecting speedier gusts higher up. I know the MA2 is supposed to work well upto 19mph, but I'm not keen to test that out too much!!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom