DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Helicopter and Drone collision.

I was willing to withhold judgment and give this person the benefit of the doubt in terms of being at fault in the causative sense, but the UAS pilot was clearly negligent and caused this collision. Even if he had just called the tower before launching this might have been avoided. Also, no matter how serious you take altitude restrictions in Class G airspace or whatever, to violate a COA in Class C when *you're on a job* is so stupid I can barely believe it.
Where are the ntsb's conclusions?

Wow. I'm in shock. More so, in shock, because the pilot of the UAV had prepped and legitimized his flight, and then he goes and breaks rules he had prepped for in the first place.

To be completely fair, that UAS Operator didn't do that prepping etc. The firm that hired him had jumped through those hoops prior to hiring him for the job.

"The area was inside of the class C airspace of a nearby airport and the UAS operator was using a Federal Aviation Administration Certificate of wavier or authorization (COA) that had been previously obtained by the construction company who hired him. The UAS operator reported that he was flying at an altitude of 180 ft, and that before the flight he had not realized that this altitude was above the maximum altitude of 150 ft imposed by the COA. "

Reactions: StevenBrodsky

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_