DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello and warning !

Many thanks for all the welcome posts.
(spelling, I am English ? )

Drumroamin in Galloway,

Again thanks to everyone for the welcome.

Ah - So you speak the Queens English. Good to hear that ;)

Galloway is nice and one of my favourite (Proper spelling) forests is Ae forest in Galloway.

Just so you know Ae comes from old Norse meaning water - river. Not many people know this.:D

Just a question now. Is your location Nwecastle or is that derived from new Norse ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Physopto
[Completely Of-Topic; so read at your own discretion]

I am, somewhat unwillingly being, made to recall George Galloway and his one man show on TalkSport radio. I am not at all in to UK politics and I have no strong feelings towards the man. But I immensely enjoyed his many musings and his not so infrequent ravings. To this day, I really don't know why I enjoyed listening to him so much. I guess it may have something to do with his accent - I am a sucker for a Scottish accent. There is something about the way an articulate Scott speaks that leaves me helplessly captivated.

Ah - So you speak the Queens English. Good to hear that ;)

Galloway is nice and one of my favourite (Proper spelling) forests is Ae forest in Galloway.

Just so you know Ae comes from old Norse meaning water - river. Not many people know this.:D?

Just a question now. Is your location Nwecastle or is that derived from new Norse ;)

Being a fairly old sod and lousy speller, I spend some time trying to correct my own posts. I took a long hard look at spelling some years ago when writing academic papers. As they would be reviewed all over the world and written using TEX I was constantly trying to standardise my use of the English language. I still made mistakes between the American and English written spellings :eek:. I actually really don't care as long as it is readable and understood. I hit the wrong keys so many times and then miss many mistakes even after checking. Oh well life I suppose.

I live at the end of the Great North Run. So I will leave that for you to work out ?

One last point I may try writing in the Queens English, but certainly do not speak it, one thing you learn very quickly when listening to your own voice once recorded !!

Reactions: deltamike
I live at the end of the map Great North Run. So I will leave that for you to work out ?

Whey aye man. I know. One of my RAF postings was at Boulmer near Alnwick. Happy days

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drico