DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Alabama

Roll Tide ??
Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . ?

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum. You will find all sorts of support and assistance. We look forward to seeing your part of the world.

Welcome to our forum, from Hauptmann in North Texas.

Got a bit of trivia for ya: Which metropolitan area in the US has the most PhDs per capita? Cambridge MA? Nope. Palo Alto, CA? Not even close. Pasadena, CA? Nada. The answer: Huntsville, AL! Toured the Space and Rocket Center there a few years ago. Our docent didn't even know!

The Mini is an unbelievably good machine, but it does have its limitations. I fly the M2P. If I were in your position, I think I'd continue learning stick control with the Mini until it becomes as second nature to you as driving your car. That's lotsa hours of practice. The M3P (or whatever it's called) could be out as early as Sept '20, but more likely 1Q '21, and you'll have another choice. The 3 should have more fly time, better camera, better obstacle avoidance, and perhaps interchangeable lenses.

Happy flying!

Welcome to the forums - a lot of good info here. Also, the search function (magnifying glass icon upper right) is a great way to find answers to many of the questions a "newbie" will have. We were all "newbies" at one point.

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I am definitely still in the learning stages of things, but I can fly decently as these things really make it easy. I used to fly radio control Helicopters back just before WiFi radios came out. After a almost a year of flying I could only comfortably about 100 yards out.

Welcome to the forum, Chuck! I've been flying the Mavic Mini for about a month and a half and I'm still learning new things every time I fly. You shouldn't have any problem going beyond 100 yards now! :)
You've probably already read the manual front to back - more than once.
You've probably already read about the FlyMore case and the issues with propellers.
You've probably already read that the Mini is less capable in wind than some other drones.
You've probably already read about the RTH (return to home) function and it's idiosyncrasies.
You've probably already read about airspace and LAANC clearance.
You've probably already read about... Well, read on! Happy flying

Welcome to the forum, Chuck! I've been flying the Mavic Mini for about a month and a half and I'm still learning new things every time I fly. You shouldn't have any problem going beyond 100 yards now! :)
You've probably already read the manual front to back - more than once.
You've probably already read about the FlyMore case and the issues with propellers.
You've probably already read that the Mini is less capable in wind than some other drones.
You've probably already read about the RTH (return to home) function and it's idiosyncrasies.
You've probably already read about airspace and LAANC clearance.
You've probably already read about... Well, read on! Happy flying
bit harsh my fellow flyer the 100 yards he was referring to was his helicopter, not his drone ,some people take longer to get comfortable flying ,for a multitude of reasons

bit harsh my fellow flyer the 100 yards he was referring to was his helicopter, not his drone ,some people take longer to get comfortable flying ,for a multitude of reasons
Hey OMM. Didn't mean to be harsh, just a reference to the distance one can cover with the Mavic Mini. A pleasant new experience, hence the smily face right behind that statement. It's all good.

Hey OMM. Didn't mean to be harsh, just a reference to the distance one can cover with the Mavic Mini. A pleasant new experience, hence the smily face right behind that statement. It's all good.
thanks for your reply, no worries happy flying

Thank you Old man & SW.

The Heli I use to fly was a Corona Light Machine. It was an early electric with a RC car battery to power it. It took several charges just to learn to hover more than 30 seconds, there was no stabilization & you had to manually trim the controls. I was just glad it had a Gyro to help keep the tail from spinning. It did help me with a key thing, and that is I can take off, land, and fly in any orientation fairly well.

As for my MM, I have had it out over 1300 feet now and return to home works well. I can fly pretty well line of sight, but am practicing flying by video. I am still also working on steady smooth motions and manually following my pets in the yard.

I have a friend that has a Phantom 3 advanced that I have flown some too. I think the MM is more stable in wind that it is. Must be newer tech.

I am traditionally more of a reader than a poster in forums, so I am curious, how is it that you post with a copy of what you are responding to?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zacf