DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Asheville

AVLJMA

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I am a helicopter pilot who is new to drones. I am blown away by how much fun they are. Nothing in my pilot world prepared me for drones. Drone pilots have a skill level that is amazing. The videos I've seen have left me in awe. It's a whole new world. Reading the posts on various subjects is so informative and fascinating.
I have had my DJI Mini 2 for 2 months now. I am slowly pushing the boundaries of time and distance to test the drone and my skills..or lack of skills.
MY NEW QUESTION IS: What is the next drone I should get? What is the next best drone upgrade after the DJI Mini 2?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions and advice.

I have a Mavic air just for one year, it wasn't cheap, but it has only 20 minutes flight and it is a bit noisy. There were times I wish to have 10 minutes extra like the Mavic air 2. Many times there was a lovely area, I was absorbed by the scenery , not watching the battery presentage, and then I had terrifying moments just to get the drone back in time. I guess this could happen also with MA2 but 10 minutes is a huge difference ?.
I wonder which DJI drone has the maximum flight time?

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland AVLJMA.

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . ?

Welcome to the forum. We look forward to your participation and your view of the world.

Welcome!

My wife is from Asheville, beautiful place. Don’t know what the state/local regs are there, but hopefully you’ll be able to do some nice flying and capture some of the great scenery.

I’m new here too, flying an Air 2. Not sure if the incremental upgrade over the mini would be worth it, I believe there’s a new full size Mavic rumored to be coming out soon, maybe that would be worth waiting for?

I am a helicopter pilot who is new to drones. I am blown away by how much fun they are. Nothing in my pilot world prepared me for drones. Drone pilots have a skill level that is amazing. The videos I've seen have left me in awe. It's a whole new world. Reading the posts on various subjects is so informative and fascinating.
I have had my DJI Mini 2 for 2 months now. I am slowly pushing the boundaries of time and distance to test the drone and my skills..or lack of skills.
MY NEW QUESTION IS: What is the next drone I should get? What is the next best drone upgrade after the DJI Mini 2?

Welcome and I am in Western NC - Macon County no less - we have a good amount of droners here, esp with all the waterfalls and things to drone.

I started out with a Mini and then DJI came out with the Air2. BEST DRONE FOR THE $$$$. So, really depends on $$$$ you can spend and what you plan to do in future. Since you have a 107 already - then you can go commercial and the Mavic Pro's may be a better fit if that is your route. If not, then the AIR2 is the only game in town.

Great picture quality - up to 48MP and video is 1080 / 2.4k / and 4k with digital zoom just recently released in updates. Can't beat all that in a drone with FlyMore package at $1k. Awesome little drone with no real issues I've found in my flying.

I am thrilled with my upgrade from Mavic Air (1) to Mavic 2 Pro.

Dale
Miami

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juanfraf