DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from beautiful British Columbia

Welcome to the forums - a lot of good info here. Also, the search function (magnifying glass icon upper right) is a great way to find answers to many of the questions a "newbie" will have. We were all "newbies" at one point.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . ?

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Kamloops BC welcomes Lumby BC to the forum. We are in a great area for fly fishing.

I once tested a method using the mini to fish for our "Famous Kamloops Fighting Rainbow Trout". Set RTH to hover, put an elastic band around the mini, slid a loop of the leader from right next to the fly under the elastic and had the mini drag my floating line out towards where I wanted. When it had stripped all the line out (to the start of the backing), I stopped the line and the leader easily pulled out and the fly gently dropped. Hit RTH and while the mini hovered, twitched that Tom Thumb fly back to me. Didn't catch a 4 pounder, but the test worked.

Has possibilities especially when I want to ride my motorcycle and stop at a lake (we have hundreds around the Interior). No boat needed, just a fly rod, some flies and my delivery device, the mini. And of course a big net and frying pan!

@flycaster1 - Fly and fish safe and enjoy!

Reactions: mrjohnc1
Nice! That would be such a cool shot to capture the fish taking the fly.
Yes, we are living in a true paradise. There are more lakes in a 100 mile radius of my house than I could ever visit in my lifetime. But I'll try:) I mainly fish out of my float tube so haven't braved taking the drone with me yet. I might take it with me to Kentucky lake next month though, I just love the color of that water.
Thanks for the warm welcome.

Welcome to the forum. You will find all sorts of helpful advice and support. We look forward to seeing your view of the world.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803