DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Blackpool

AlanUK

Reactions
Hi there. I live near Blackpool, Lancashire in the UK and I received a Mavic Mini (my first drone) as an early gift from my son and daughter in law for an upcoming, significant birthday. Due to very windy and wet weather I have only managed to fly it once outside on the beach at nearby Fleetwood. I was amazed at how easy the mini was to fly and I had lots of fun. I deliberately didn't do any filming as I wanted to concentrate on learning how to pilot the drone. The met is forecasting decent weather for next Wednesday so hopefully this time I will start to use the camera. Take care

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome, can I suggest a screen recorder is a very useful tool as it allows to see what warnings and the like you may have missed during the flight. If you try one just remember to download or bin the recordings regularily otherwise they will eat space on your phone. Did you have that steady windy from possibly the south east today? I got some impressive angles of bank in a hover lol

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Welcome, can I suggest a screen recorder is a very useful tool as it allows to see what warnings and the like you may have missed during the flight. If you try one just remember to download or bin the recordings regularily otherwise they will eat space on your phone. Did you have that steady windy from possibly the south east today? I got some impressive angles of bank in a hover lol

It’s hitting 45-MPH along the west and southwest coasts at the moment. The Windy app gives a great graphical view of the storm passing through the UK.

There was some fairly steady, strong wind here around early afternoon. Normally, if it it windy, it's either way too strong to fly or not steady but it was the first time I have seen the mini start to lose ground to the wind in 'steady' flight in P mode. It was also a side wind from my perspective of the flight path, which helps perception, normally I get fore or aft winds.
A bit earlier, higher and possibly in stronger wind my M2P was having to work to hold position, exciting stuff lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello from the Hoosier Heartland AlanUK.

A bit windy here too. 27mph with gusts up 46 mph (44 / 74 kph).

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Welcome to Mavic Pilots!:) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum from Chicago the Windy City.
Would like to commend you on learning how to fly first.
It takes getting used to, trying to video, and fly at the same time.
Most successful pilots, have a idea, or take practice runs,.you may want to look at some cinematography tips. It just does not happen, to great suspense, understanding light source, to tell a story, takes practice. Telling a story, by tilting up, sliding in from the side, by rising up from behind a tree. To crate some of the videos, these pilots have had to practice. Any way Fly safe.

Hi there. I live near Blackpool, Lancashire in the UK and I received a Mavic Mini (my first drone) as an early gift from my son and daughter in law for an upcoming, significant birthday. Due to very windy and wet weather I have only managed to fly it once outside on the beach at nearby Fleetwood. I was amazed at how easy the mini was to fly and I had lots of fun. I deliberately didn't do any filming as I wanted to concentrate on learning how to pilot the drone. The met is forecasting decent weather for next Wednesday so hopefully this time I will start to use the camera. Take care
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Enjoy your new Mavic Mini, Fly safe and have fun!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent