DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Brazil

Peter Brazil

Reactions
Hi all. Newbie here. I played around a lot with the toy drones to learn the basics. I then bought a Mavic Mini, which I have now flown some 20 times, without any major issues. I did my homework and read hundreds of threads here so that I would not run into the common beginner mistakes. I lost connection a few times, obscured by trees, but sent the drone high up and regained. I do have a simple question: Is the GPS in the drone or in the remote? - or both ? Another question: if I am flying under trees (I want to film a waterfall, with heavy tree cover), but with controller and drone both under the trees and in plain sight, do I risk losing the GPS and drone shooting up to the 30m RTH altitude? Thanks a bunch.

Hi all. Newbie here. I played around a lot with the toy drones to learn the basics. I then bought a Mavic Mini, which I have now flown some 20 times, without any major issues. I did my homework and read hundreds of threads here so that I would not run into the common beginner mistakes. I lost connection a few times, obscured by trees, but sent the drone high up and regained. I do have a simple question: Is the GPS in the drone or in the remote? - or both ? Another question: if I am flying under trees (I want to film a waterfall, with heavy tree cover), but with controller and drone both under the trees and in plain sight, do I risk losing the GPS and drone shooting up to the 30m RTH altitude? Thanks a bunch.
welcome to the forum, if you are flying at the bottom of the waterfall you could have issues with the GPS in the drone locking on to enough sats for it to fly

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forums - great place to get tips and answers to your questions. Also, the search function if an excellent place to search for the many questions a new member will have.

Thanks.

Any thoughts on the questions? GPS in drone or controller or in both?
Also, if I lose GPS connection under trees, will MM shoot up to RTH altitude?

Thanks again
GPS is on the aircraft itself. If you lose enough satellites, the aircraft will go into attitude mode which will for some be difficult to navigate if you are not used to flying in that mode. Many crashes have happened to pilots that do not have enough satellites to lock onto.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching. Thumbswayup

GPS is on the aircraft itself. If you lose enough satellites, the aircraft will go into attitude mode which will for some be difficult to navigate if you are not used to flying in that mode. Many crashes have happened to pilots that do not have enough satellites to lock onto.

I believe it would be good practice to fly in atti mode in a safe location, to really learn how to dominate the beast... Will seek out a large field and practice my flying. Thanks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803