DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Brenham TX (outside Houston)

Sorry, dumb question: How do I add myself to the Member's Map?

Hi there astrohip

The map is finicky at times and may not show the exact location.

I did find you outside of Dallas.

Grab your pin and drag it where you want it.

Check on it from time to time to see if it's moved again. Mine does.

Screenshot_20230109-194958.png

How do I add myself to the Member's Map?
It looks like @MA2 317 has the magic touch, I tried looking for you and I was not so lucky. As @MA2 317 advises, just look at the map where he showed you and drag it to a more appropriate location.

Once again, Welcome!

We live about 1 1/2 hours south of you. Any way I can get you to tell me when the bluebonnets start popping up? It would be nice to have a local person with up to date info on them
I've made a note in my tickler file to send you a message when they start popping. We are covered with them each spring...

Attachments

• 20170319_183233.jpg
    20170319_183233.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 1
Found it, and moved it. I'm now pinned just NE of Brenham.

My Internet provider is an antenna based service (NextLink). Their TX office is outside Ft. Worth TX, and so the mapping system must have correlated that to me. Thanks for finding me!

Bluebonnet Alert!

I mentioned upthread I would post when the wildflowers are blooming. They have started to peak here in the Washington County and Brenham areas. Starting now, and for the (approx) next two weeks, they should be at their best. Bluebonnets, Indian Paintbrushes, Buttercups, and more.

There are lots of places to see them, I would suggest getting off 290 and taking almost any smaller FM or County road. And if you pull off the road safely, there are lots of drone takeoff spots.

A couple members I said I would give a head up to: @LakesGuy @rexster1505 @timc_drone

Here's an updated wildflower map:

Hello from Brenham TX. A small city of 15,000 about an hour NW of Houston. Just got an Air 2S last week, and can't stop having fun with it! I'm lucky I'm out in the country, so I can go flying (droning?) for miles around.

Looking forward to tips & tricks, and just learning more about my drone (and all drones).

ME: Retired, lived & worked in Houston all my life, moved here about 15 yrs ago. Always wanted a drone, and finally pulled the trigger.
Home of Blue Bell!
I grew up in Galveston/Texas City....living in Colorado now.

Welcome to the forum

Bluebonnet Alert!

I mentioned upthread I would post when the wildflowers are blooming. They have started to peak here in the Washington County and Brenham areas. Starting now, and for the (approx) next two weeks, they should be at their best. Bluebonnets, Indian Paintbrushes, Buttercups, and more.

There are lots of places to see them, I would suggest getting off 290 and taking almost any smaller FM or County road. And if you pull off the road safely, there are lots of drone takeoff spots.

A couple members I said I would give a head up to: @LakesGuy @rexster1505 @timc_drone

Here's an updated wildflower map:

Welcome fellow Texan. I am in Houston. Thank you for the links. These will come in handy.

Nice time of year here, we finally have rain, and all the tanks & ponds are full. Everything is green! @CireTX welcome thread reminded me that I need to post some pics.

Here is one from a few weeks ago. I may go flying today if it's not too windy, I'll post some newer ones...

Attachments

• brenham.jpg
    brenham.jpg
    722.1 KB · Views: 2
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803