DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from California

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Welcome. I'm in the Modesto area. We have some nice areas to fly at. I plan to do some video of the fruit and nut trees which will soon be in bloom if not already.
Thank you for welcoming me. I'm a couple hours south of you in Visalia. I would love to find some nice fruit and nut trees as well. I heard almond blossoms are beautiful. I think there are mostly walnuts and oranges around me. If you know of any good spots in my area, please let me know (I'm a transplant).

Welcome! Enjoy your drone and the forum. A big “ Hello” from the deserts (and mountains) of southern Arizona.

Gotta ask... where was your signature pic taken. It reminded me of Puerto Penasco.

Welcome! Enjoy your drone and the forum. A big “ Hello” from the deserts (and mountains) of southern Arizona.

Gotta ask... where was your signature pic taken. It reminded me of Puerto Penasco.
Thank you for the warm welcome! I actually got this signature picture from a free forum avatar site. Thought it's better than nothing until I can get my own shot!

Here's where I got it, if you're curious

Not too sure about places to fly down around your way but from 190 in Porterville going south on Plano st, the road connects up to the Old Stage Rd that takes you into the foothills. Fantastic drive. At times the flower bloom is exceptionable. Mind you I've never did any flying there but have used a DSLR. It's also called Mountain Rd 109 or White River. Might be worth a drive to check it out. Many of the upper foothill lakes are fun to fly at. At Pine Flat Res it might be possible to capture some white water images along the Kings River. Many of the local lakes make for nice sunrise/sunset opportunities. Once the snow melts you have a very large National Forest to fly in. If you head up to Yosemite take Hwy 140 above Mariposa which follows the Merced River. There are several spots to park and fly the river's white water sections. Everything is green and the flowers should be showing in March.

I've only been flying for just over a year and am waiting for the bloom. Got some in last year but was gone for part of it. Some Almond orchards are in full bloom around here and I'm waiting for weather to improve. Good luck in your search.

dronerdave, thank you very much for those recommendations. I haven't explored Porterville yet, but now I plan to do so. I've heard good things about Pine Flats too. I think I'll take the drone to Lake Kaweah and its surrounding area since it's accessible right now. Any further and chains are required because of the snow as you mentioned.

I think most of the almond orchards are up by you. I'll have to do some Google searching to see if walnuts look any good. Lots of those by me.

Welcome,

I’m also in California, a bit further north between Sacramento and Tahoe but I grew up near you, many, many moons ago, in Tulare, right next door. Visalia was my old stopping grounds. A few places I remember were Sequoia National park (where you can’t fly but maybe nearby) and Three Rivers, as well as the lakes already mentioned.

Good luck,

Ken

I think most of the almond orchards are up by you. I'll have to do some Google searching to see if walnuts look any good. Lots of those by me.

Basically the fruit trees are what to look for. Almonds do put out a nice display but walnuts don't produce a colorful flower. Still they are a nice target to fly over. I don't know if it's the symmetry, but I've always liked crop rows, fields, and orchards. However the foothills are fantastic this time of year with green grasses at peak. Look for the poppy bloom coming soon. I've got a 4x4 blog with some places to look into that might help once the thaw starts.
Sportsmobile 4×4 Adventures

Welcome,

I’m also in California, a bit further north between Sacramento and Tahoe but I grew up near you, many, many moons ago, in Tulare, right next door. Visalia was my old stopping grounds. A few places I remember were Sequoia National park (where you can’t fly but maybe nearby) and Three Rivers, as well as the lakes already mentioned.

Good luck,

Ken
Thanks, Ken! I was actually just at the World Ag Expo in Tulare about a week ago. You're right, the foothills in the Three Rivers area are pretty green right now. I'll be taking advantage of that opportunity.

Thanks for saying, hey!

Welcome to the forum! :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sikiruikhun