DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from CT

I'm currently working on figuring out where I can fly around the Northwest corner of CT before I fly.
Here a Free Course from Pilot Institute on the Mini 2. It's a couple of years old but most everything is spot on…

I use the B4UFly and DroneUp to find the locations I fly, and Windy.com and UAVForcast for weather and I use Air Control for my LAANC authorizations or DroneUP.

You will need to register on the the FAADroneZone to register your Mini 2 if you use it in a commercial operation. It does not need to be registered if you are only flying it recreationally.

But I registered mine because I need my part 107 authority to get an authorization to fly most everyplace around where I live… And that included flying in my own back yard…

If you think you have it rough look at the map of my home turf…

Home Map with Warnings.jpg

Here a Free Course from Pilot Institute on the Mini 2. It's a couple of years old but most everything is spot on…

I use the B4UFly and DroneUp to find the locations I fly, and Windy.com and UAVForcast for weather and I use Air Control for my LAANC authorizations or DroneUP.

You will need to register on the the FAADroneZone to register your Mini 2 if you use it in a commercial operation. It does not need to be registered if you are only flying it recreationally.

But I registered mine because I need my part 107 authority to get an authorization to fly most everyplace around where I live… And that included flying in my own back yard…

If you think you have it rough look at the map of my home turf…

View attachment 167646
I've flown in Cornwall Bridge along a small stream there. Look out for the trees.

If the member map was only working.
First thing that comes to mind is that that you might not be sharing your location in Google… The Member's Map is a Google Map and for it to work, it must know your location so it can bring up the correct location on the Earth… When I click on the Map, it brings up the East coast of the US, when our members in the UK click on the map, it brings up the United Kingdom… Google Google with "How to share location in Google…"

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
weblloyd