DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Dubai, UAE

Exotic Blacklist

Reactions
Hey guys,
Just got my first drone ... The Mavic Mini (I've flown it only once yet). We have a fair bit of restrictions and restricted zones here and the areas that we are allowed to shoot, there isn't much to see. The reason I got the mini is to experiment and explore my usage and opportunities and then get something a bit more advanced. My primary usage is to to capture top down photographs of automobiles and possibly explore some video options.

Glad to have joined this group and hope to learn and provide my inputs to the community.

Regards

Hey guys,
Just got my first drone ... The Mavic Mini (I've flown it only once yet). We have a fair bit of restrictions and restricted zones here and the areas that we are allowed to shoot, there isn't much to see. The reason I got the mini is to experiment and explore my usage and opportunities and then get something a bit more advanced. My primary usage is to to capture top down photographs of automobiles and possibly explore some video options.

Glad to have joined this group and hope to learn and provide my inputs to the community.

Regards

Hi! Welcome to the forum :)

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching. Thumbswayup

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Hey guys,

Regards
I am visiting Dubai and Abu Dhabi next January. Having a ( Mod Removed Language )time getting permits. Can you give me any advise ? I have sent in my application but never heard from Civil Aviation. Can I e-mail you?

Dale Davis
Miami

I am visiting Dubai and Abu Dhabi next January. Having a (ModRemoved Language) time getting permits. Can you give me any advise ? I have sent in my application but never heard from Civil Aviation. Can I e-mail you?

Dale Davis
Miami

oh ! Welcome in advance.There are very fewplaces you can fly the drone in Dubai and Abu Dhabi. You cant fly close to buildings and you need to be atleast 200 meters away from people, buildings, cars, etc.

Northern emirates has a few more options.
In the UAE, you have the GCAA for the whole country except Dubai. In Dubai, we have the DCAA. You will need the GCAA permissions anyway and the DCAA if you want to fly in Dubai. If you are landing in Dubai, then you need to apply online, provide a certificate from any relabent authority that is qualified to say that you know to fly a drone and get prior approvals before you arrive. If not, you have the risk of getting your drone confiscated. They will hold your drone for 10-15 days at a charge of roughly $30/- a day after that time period, you can forget about your drone.

i suggest you reffer to the Dubai DCAA website and the GCAA site as well. They also have a live chat which is useful. Ive sent them a few mails before i decides to get my srone and their response was pretty quick.

do let me know if you need any further information that I can get you locally. I’d be happy to help.

Reactions: old man mavic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu