DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from exciting Fullerton, CA

KennethH

Reactions
Just joined. I got a DJI Mini 2 Tuesday, and was able to load the DJI Fly app from the DJI Store by scanning the QR code there. That put the .apk file on my Samsung S7. I installed it, and it works. But boy does the battery drain fast, and it's a new battery. I'm to the point of getting the Mini 2 camera to work, and the props to spin. Time to take it outside and see if I can lose it.

Hello from the Crossroads of America KennethH.

Time to take it outside and see if I can lose it.

Please make sure the Home Point has been established before launch.

Too many "fly away" scenarios from new pilots because they were not patient.

Good luck, have fun, and welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Good point about the Home Point. I'm glad I got the Fly More package to get two more batteries. Amazing that the charger knows the condition of each and charges them in order of need. Starting out in my backyard and will have the RTH button at the ready. Right now in a slightly restricted area (according to the DJI Fly map) because I'm about a mile south of the municipal airport.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Just joined. I got a DJI Mini 2 Tuesday, and was able to load the DJI Fly app from the DJI Store by scanning the QR code there. That put the .apk file on my Samsung S7. I installed it, and it works. But boy does the battery drain fast, and it's a new battery. I'm to the point of getting the Mini 2 camera to work, and the props to spin. Time to take it outside and see if I can lose it.
Took it out for a spin. More intense than I suspected. Controls are maybe a bit more sensitive than expected. Only crashed it into an ABS post once. Not sure I got the Home established, and it wouldn't go there. I'm learning.

Welcome to the forum KennethH . . . I work just south of you about 10 mins in Orange. I'm buffered right up against Disney's Temporary NFZ that's permanent 🤔. Please don't lose it . . . we need you here, flying!! Enjoy yourself pilot!!

Welcome to the forum KennethH . . . I work just south of you about 10 mins in Orange. I'm buffered right up against Disney's Temporary NFZ that's permanent 🤔. Please don't lose it . . . we need you here, flying!! Enjoy yourself pilot!!
Thanks for the welcome Skywatcher2001. I actually flew the Mini 2 today, and only crashed it once. When I got the motors running I was intimidated by how loud they were. I've almost got the basics down. Not sure I ever got the RTH to work. Maybe I didn't go far enough. I've had the camera and the gimbal control working in the house, but I think I missed that out in the yard. DJI Fly is working but I don't quite get how it works with the controller.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama, welcome to the forum!​

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum! Thumbswayup

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frostseb