DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Gatineau/Ottawa Canada

Enos

Reactions
I have never owned or tried to fly one of these drones. Some say that that it is better to buy and practice on a cheaper one before getting the phantom or mavic. I have read the pros and cons. I suppose it all come down to personal choice.
I have been sitting on the side reading Phantom/Mavic forums, watching videos and trying to decide which way to go Phantom or Mavic. I have been reading all the horror stories on the email subscriptions :)
So last week I finally decided, based on my needs, to buy the Mavic Pro bundle, the iPad mini 4 with cell. Now I am reading the User manual (v1.6) again.
I charged all my batteries, ipad mini and controller. I have downloaded the DJI GO App 4 and did all my updates without and problems. Followed the manual checklist up to Flight test.
I am ready to try the flight test I think. My intention is to try the test flight on beginner mode.
I have found this forum to be very informative and helpful. I am looking forward to be part of this community and hope to provide assistance through experience in the future.

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome, make sure you are in a open area. Beginner mode is good to start! You will be pleasantly surprised! Have fun!

Welcome to DronePilots newest forum :)

Reactions: Enos
Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Find an open area, make sure the wind is low and the weather nice and fly, fly, fly. Forget about making videos and photos on your first flights. Develop your flying skills first. Look at the drone and not the video return. Get used to have your eyes on the bird!
Once your skills get better start looking at the video/photo options!

And most imortant: Have Fun!!

Find an open area, make sure the wind is low and the weather nice and fly, fly, fly. Forget about making videos and photos on your first flights. Develop your flying skills first. Look at the drone and not the video return. Get used to have your eyes on the bird!
Once your skills get better start looking at the video/photo options!

And most imortant: Have Fun!!

Very sound advice. Plan to do just that. I am going to use beginner mode first and try to get familiar with flying forward and learn the controls reverse on the return.
Thank again for the advice and have a great flying day :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ken28e