DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Half Moon Bay CA

If I get back out to your area, I'm definitely getting my drone out to this place. Go there to see the elephant seals, then send your drone out over the crazy-looking house on the rocky island. Pretty fantastic scenery - stuff of dreams. I always get to Pescadero to eat smelt and artichoke soup at Duarte's. Nom nom. This is just a few miles south of there. Great stuff for droning.

I’ve driven to Santa Cruz a thousand times and have looked out at that island and had no idea what was on it - thank you for posting! I think Ano Nuevo is closed now, but I’m going to look at google earth to see if there’s another in-range place to park and then I’ll go there this week. Thanks!

Reactions: Steel63
Thanks everybody. I think this is the friendliest forum ever. MavicPeter - if you have South Bay places to recommend flying I’m all ears. Dirkclod, you mentioned posting things, should I do that here? I’ll post a link to something I shot last week that I feel captures my area. Looking forward to seeing footage from all of you!

Come join us in the SF Area forum. There is a megathread on good places to fly: Updated place to fly in SF Bay Area/East Bay/South Bay

Reactions: Steel63 and MA2 317
If I get back out to your area, I'm definitely getting my drone out to this place. Go there to see the elephant seals, then send your drone out over the crazy-looking house on the rocky island. Pretty fantastic scenery - stuff of dreams. I always get to Pescadero to eat smelt and artichoke soup at Duarte's. Nom nom. This is just a few miles south of there. Great stuff for droning.

All along the coast from Mavericks thru devils slide (hwy 1 north) restricted, wildlife preserve for the seals, etc. Part of Half Moon Bay State Parks. You have to drill down to a local level.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143