DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Half Moon Bay CA

Reactions
Hi everyone. What a great forum! I got my Mavic Air 2 in October and I love it, and I go out at least four times a week to fly and practice and learn everything I can. I took the part 107 test in November mostly because I’m a stock photographer and wanted to be able to sell my drone footage too, but afterwards was glad I took it because of all the new knowledge I gained. I’ve already had some adventures with getting my drone lost in a tree overnight, almost losing it over the ocean when comms cut out, and then I bumped it into a tree yesterday, so I’m just learning all the time, and I’m looking forward to spending more time here and hearing all your stories. I’m paying close attention to the threads here on where to fly in the Bay Area, and am happy to point anybody in good directions in my area too.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Thanks everybody. I think this is the friendliest forum ever. MavicPeter - if you have South Bay places to recommend flying I’m all ears. Dirkclod, you mentioned posting things, should I do that here? I’ll post a link to something I shot last week that I feel captures my area. Looking forward to seeing footage from all of you!

Hi everyone. What a great forum! I got my Mavic Air 2 in October and I love it, and I go out at least four times a week to fly and practice and learn everything I can. I took the part 107 test in November mostly because I’m a stock photographer and wanted to be able to sell my drone footage too, but afterwards was glad I took it because of all the new knowledge I gained. I’ve already had some adventures with getting my drone lost in a tree overnight, almost losing it over the ocean when comms cut out, and then I bumped it into a tree yesterday, so I’m just learning all the time, and I’m looking forward to spending more time here and hearing all your stories. I’m paying close attention to the threads here on where to fly in the Bay Area, and am happy to point anybody in good directions in my area too.

Love HMB - my brother lives there (a few blocks from the marina). You should fly around the odd supports just below the Ritz. Can you fly around Pillar Point? That'd be a great spot. And of course maverick.

1608506406177.png

Welcome to the forum! :)

Love HMB - my brother lives there (a few blocks from the marina). You should fly around the odd supports just below the Ritz. Can you fly around Pillar Point? That'd be a great spot. And of course maverick.
I haven’t flown around those supports yet - what a photo you posted with the sun peeking through! I fly around pillar point, but carefully and low because of the restrictions. I wish I’d had a drone before they knocked down the old pier there In the harbor a few years ago.

If I get back out to your area, I'm definitely getting my drone out to this place. Go there to see the elephant seals, then send your drone out over the crazy-looking house on the rocky island. Pretty fantastic scenery - stuff of dreams. I always get to Pescadero to eat smelt and artichoke soup at Duarte's. Nom nom. This is just a few miles south of there. Great stuff for droning.

Welcome to the forum.
One of the main problem is getting distracted being the photographer and forgetting to be the pilot.
I am sure you are learning this lesson. ?
Enjoy.

WELCOME to the forum :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78