DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from the highlands

I made my first purchase ! I’ve gone for a symik P380-M3DL hard case , it looks tough and has great reviews.
I will be buying the care package tomorrow and also a couple of batteries from the supplying dealer who is offering a 5% discount .

I could really do with some advice about how to load up videos and pictures to an iPad and an iMac computer . I’d also like to know do I need editing software for the iPad or the iMac . If anyone can help me with this would be much appreciated and also what memory card should I be buying ?
Thanks again for any advice

Cheers
Vin
What model and specifications are your iPad and iMac? Depending on the models would depend what resolution and video codec you are best to use. Recent Apple models (iPad Pro for example) support playback and recording of the h.265 codec, which produces smaller files but requires a lot more processing power to play/edit/record. There are many variables here but from your Apple devices specs we can advise further.

Reactions: LoudThunder
Welcome to the forum, MAVIC3 is an awesome drone, congrats...

Definitely a yes to spare batteries and a car charger, and a better case from me - My Air 3 and MINI3 Pro both have rucksack typs cases so I can carry them comfortably for some distance, our AVATA has a more hard case design...

Whereabouts in the Highlands are you? We are based down in Manchester, but come up to Scotland 3 or 4 times a year, last trip was Skye and Lewis and Harris, next is possibly Tongue in Feb and then Blairgowrie in April and Skye again in June...

RAF low flying area covers a large amount of the Highlands, but is not always in use, check the RAF schedule and if in doubt then ring the RAF Low Fly team, and they will let you know if you are safe to fly..
Military low flying: RAF operational low flying training timetable

As to editing, I am a huge fan of DaVinci Resolve, free and very well featured, however a steepish learning curve...

Good luck, looking forwards to seeing your captures...
I'm temporarily in Evanton . I recently moved from Muir of Ord and I'm about to build a house on the black isle. Seems you've coved the area well ! Thanks for the advice on the rafs timetable. I did wonder about this as we regularly see them flying locally

I'm temporarily in Evanton . I recently moved from Muir of Ord and I'm about to build a house on the black isle. Seems you've coved the area well ! Thanks for the advice on the rafs timetable. I did wonder about this as we regularly see them flying locally
Black Isle is lovely, good luck with the house build... We are looking at moving to the Inverness / Speyside / Caithness / Rosshire / Sutherland area when we retire in about 10 years, sooner if we can...

Lol, yeah, we have done a lot of flying up in the area, but still lots of places to visit, find and fly :)

What model and specifications are your iPad and iMac? Depending on the models would depend what resolution and video codec you are best to use. Recent Apple models (iPad Pro for example) support playback and recording of the h.265 codec, which produces smaller files but requires a lot more processing power to play/edit/record. There are many variables here but from your Apple devices specs we can advise further.
Thanks Skye high

ipad is a 12.9 inch pro 2nd generation running os 16.6

i Mac is a 2019 3ghz 6core intel core i5
graphics Radeon pro 570x 4gb
memory 8gb 2667mhz ddr4

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members