DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Hampshire UK- MA2 Pilot

Speshal

Reactions
Greetings from Northwest Hampshire in the UK.

I've loved flight as a child and I've been watching youtube drone videos for a few years (and lurking on here!) thinking I'll never be able to do or afford that!

Then in May 2020 the UK was in lockdown so I needed something to do in the garden so I got a Lidl "stunt" drone for the princely sum of £19.99 - One battery, 6 minutes flight time, 2 hour charge time......I LOVED IT!!!

2 weeks later, "I need a drone with a camera!" - so I got a Chinese phantom clone for £29.99 but it had a camera, 1 month of that and I was amazed it actually went where I wanted and I could see above the trees, OK now I'm hooked.

Fast forward a few months and I've saved enough and done my research, I got a Mavic Mini 1...........I was over the moon, I watched ever video I could about it, shout out to @Ian in London for a proportion of my education! (especially about flyaways*)

Then in summer 2021 I upgraded to a MA2 and since then where I live the weather was utter rubbish, if the weather was good I was busy, if I wasn't busy it was windy or raining, I checked my logs, I managed 7, 30 minute flights from July to December last year, but I spent those flights learning and adapting the controls to how I like them.

New year, a resolution to just go and fly more, so I've been out 11 days this year so far, I'm a bit limited where I live as to where I can go and fly, I have no car but there's plenty of lovely open countryside and lakes and woodlands within walking distance BUT!!!! I also live in the intersection of 6 converging restricted flight zones so I'm limited to 60 Metres altitude :lol:

This year, get better at flying and improve my aerial cinematography/photography.

Nice to meet you all :)

*p.s you can ask about flyways ;)

Welcome to the forum from the dry lakeless hills of Lake City FL. An irony... I know. If lakes grew here as much as your knowledge will, Lake City would become an ocean. ;)

Welcome again!

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum! Thumbswayup

Hello from the Crossroads of America Speshal.

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Thanks y'all - here's a little video I did yesterday before I got threatened, and yes I have passed my exams to fly over roads ;)

Just learning shot framing whilst flying, also manual object tracking on the fly (excuse the pun) vis. the bus shot.

I'm now fitting a 2-5 stop PolarPro VND filter as this was all filmed auto

Also, I'm no video editor yet...

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama, welcome to the forum!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada