DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Hampshire UK- MA2 Pilot

Speshal

Reactions
Greetings from Northwest Hampshire in the UK.

I've loved flight as a child and I've been watching youtube drone videos for a few years (and lurking on here!) thinking I'll never be able to do or afford that!

Then in May 2020 the UK was in lockdown so I needed something to do in the garden so I got a Lidl "stunt" drone for the princely sum of £19.99 - One battery, 6 minutes flight time, 2 hour charge time......I LOVED IT!!!

2 weeks later, "I need a drone with a camera!" - so I got a Chinese phantom clone for £29.99 but it had a camera, 1 month of that and I was amazed it actually went where I wanted and I could see above the trees, OK now I'm hooked.

Fast forward a few months and I've saved enough and done my research, I got a Mavic Mini 1...........I was over the moon, I watched ever video I could about it, shout out to @Ian in London for a proportion of my education! (especially about flyaways*)

Then in summer 2021 I upgraded to a MA2 and since then where I live the weather was utter rubbish, if the weather was good I was busy, if I wasn't busy it was windy or raining, I checked my logs, I managed 7, 30 minute flights from July to December last year, but I spent those flights learning and adapting the controls to how I like them.

New year, a resolution to just go and fly more, so I've been out 11 days this year so far, I'm a bit limited where I live as to where I can go and fly, I have no car but there's plenty of lovely open countryside and lakes and woodlands within walking distance BUT!!!! I also live in the intersection of 6 converging restricted flight zones so I'm limited to 60 Metres altitude :lol:

This year, get better at flying and improve my aerial cinematography/photography.

Nice to meet you all :)

*p.s you can ask about flyways ;)

Welcome to the forum from the dry lakeless hills of Lake City FL. An irony... I know. If lakes grew here as much as your knowledge will, Lake City would become an ocean. ;)

Welcome again!

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum! Thumbswayup

Hello from the Crossroads of America Speshal.

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Thanks y'all - here's a little video I did yesterday before I got threatened, and yes I have passed my exams to fly over roads ;)

Just learning shot framing whilst flying, also manual object tracking on the fly (excuse the pun) vis. the bus shot.

I'm now fitting a 2-5 stop PolarPro VND filter as this was all filmed auto

Also, I'm no video editor yet...

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama, welcome to the forum!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RWShepard