DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Hawaii

Welcome to the forum! :)

Reactions: Slim.slamma
hi all! just joining this group to see what i can learn and contribute. got a mavic air from my wife and was finally able to fly it for the first time on this beautiful island. looking forward to the new shots and experiences!
Aloha, I have been flying on Oahu about six months, be sure to download the Airmap app - it will show you all of the restricted flying zones which covers A LOT of the island.

Reactions: n1cK!
Aloha, I have been flying on Oahu about six months, be sure to download the Airmap app - it will show you all of the restricted flying zones which covers A LOT of the island.

that's good information to know. I've been looking for an easy way to see what areas are restricted. it seems that a lot of the major sights and parks have "drone prohibited" signs. there's a place in Kaneohe specifically for drones and model planes which is great!

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Reactions: Slim.slamma
oh nice! i never made it up around that area, but if it's like any other place in upstate, i'm sure it's got great views!

Ya just a lot of traveling to different spots but it's nice you can make a day of it with the family with three mavic batteries and lots of pics or videos

hi all! just joining this group to see what i can learn and contribute. got a mavic air from my wife and was finally able to fly it for the first time on this beautiful island. looking forward to the new shots and experiences!

Hey Nick!

Brand new member here also! I am travelling to Hawaii in August for holiday from the UK. Would be great to hear of some suggestions on places to fly! Plan on doing all my homework on where I can and cannot fly my Mavic. I will be staying at Waikiki beach (standard tourist destination) but plan on exploring other islands too!

Welcome from fellow newbie

Hey Nick!

Brand new member here also! I am travelling to Hawaii in August for holiday from the UK. Would be great to hear of some suggestions on places to fly! Plan on doing all my homework on where I can and cannot fly my Mavic. I will be staying at Waikiki beach (standard tourist destination) but plan on exploring other islands too!

Welcome from fellow newbie

normal rules will apply here - can't fly in national parks, don't fly over crowds, etc. most of the hikes here however, are not in national parks, but be wary of the crowds and the neighborhoods (no one wants to see a drone or hear one buzzing overhead at home). best time for hikes is during sunrise, plus you'll get some pretty great lookin' shots. hope that helps!

Reactions: Randall8686
thanks for the tips! im going to hawaii next week and will hopefully use my drone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki