DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello From London

SpaceRO

Reactions
Thought I'd say 'ello having posted on here a few times. Picked myself up my first drone, Mavic Pro combo set and despite the constant fear of it flying off into the distance never-to-return, I couldn't be more pleased with the purchase!

A little surprised just how confrontational some people are when they see you flying - One happened in a field in the middle of nowhere even! Also, finding somewhere to fly in London is a trial.

Thought I'd say 'ello having posted on here a few times. Picked myself up my first drone, Mavic Pro combo set and despite the constant fear of it flying off into the distance never-to-return, I couldn't be more pleased with the purchase!

A little surprised just how confrontational some people are when they see you flying - One happened in a field in the middle of nowhere even! Also, finding somewhere to fly in London is a trial.
Howdy from Wyoming @SpaceRO , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Mavic quadcopters.
Enjoy! Thumbswayup

Welcome from Chicago. Join the party, same issue here in the Chicago area, especially with Major Air Field.
I have to find spots without a lot of people. I try to win people over to looking favorably on the drone industry.
Keep looking for areas without a lot of people traffic, I like flying over rivers, lakes.
Happy Flying.

Thanks for the welcome messages, it's good to find a welcoming forum. Already helped a bit giving me some direction on my first 'terminal' flight!
- Fingers crossed it's only the gimbal threads!

SpitFire, yes, despite the endless researching of the drone itself, I hadn't much looked at the rules prior to buying so I was rather shocked once I started reading up! Having researched quite a few of the threads here I'll certainly invest in insurance now though I'm strictly non-commercial.

Having some fun with HDR-shots when the weather's right

Depends where you are in London I guess but I believe Richmond Park has a designated flying area

Thanks for the welcome messages, it's good to find a welcoming forum. Already helped a bit giving me some direction on my first 'terminal' flight!
- Fingers crossed it's only the gimbal threads!

SpitFire, yes, despite the endless researching of the drone itself, I hadn't much looked at the rules prior to buying so I was rather shocked once I started reading up! Having researched quite a few of the threads here I'll certainly invest in insurance now though I'm strictly non-commercial.

Having some fun with HDR-shots when the weather's right
Just sharing about Certificate of Liability insurance I have with State Farm. I have asked State farm to make up
a one page certificate of liability limit 0f $300.000 dollars. In the certificate holders name, for instance in a state park
they have required proof of insurance. Which in the past have submitted copy of page that covers house hold items
which was not good enough. Now I have a forum that my agent made up for me to send with my application to fly
which require proof of insurance. And, all I do is type in certificate holders name, and we are good to go. Took
a lot of work with my agent to get this form for me. Just feel better about it if my Bird falls out of the sky and hits some body over the head.

Welcome to MavicPilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Enjoy your new Mavic Pro, Fly safe and have fun!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman