DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Maryland, USA

raylo32

Reactions
New member of the M2 Pro club here. Picked one up Tuesday and have logged several familiarization flights. Very impressive. I have a background in RC planes going back a good ways and got into drones with a 3DR Iris +. Aflso have some toy drones and a fun flying Blade Torrent.

It got to where I wasn't taking the Iris out much anymore... too much logistics. Charge the flight batteries, charge the controller batteries, charge the display whose battery lasts only about an hour, charge and install the GoPro onto the kluged add on gimbal. Reverse the process when done. Way way way too many moving parts. Plus very limited telemetry and no OSD without yet another add on board. Terrible video range.

The M2 is so much more highly integrated and compact. Great telemetry and I set it up to use my iPad Mini 4 for the app and camera feed. I have a spare battery and a case coming. Really looking forward to having this thing ready to go anytime at a moment's notice. Only complaint is that it is almost too easy to fly.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Thanks for the welcome. This looks like an active and knowledgeable site.

Quick update... I got my battery/case/props combo from Amazon. Basically get a case and props for $20 more than just a single battery. This is a good deal especially if you don't need a super heavy duty case or more than 1 extra battery. The case is surprisingly good. Very dense foam inserts and everything fits perfectly.

Amazon.com : DJI Mavic 2 Intelligent Flight Battery Bundle with Professional Carrying Case and 2 Pairs Propellers for Mavic 2 : Electronics

Attachments

• M2Case_Closed.jpg
    M2Case_Closed.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 3
  • M2Case_Open.jpg
    M2Case_Open.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Welcome to the forum! Enjoy.
Even with all your great experience be sure to DL and read the full manual, not just the little abbreviated one that comes with the drone. Be really familiar with the pause button; it’s your friend when things get a little crazy as they do for all of us from time to time.

Welcome.
Fantastic info here on the forum

Welcome to the forum! :)

Good to know, thanks. I'll be sure to check that out and try it soon.

Welcome to the forum! Enjoy.
Be really familiar with the pause button; it’s your friend when things get a little crazy as they do for all of us from time to time.

New member of the M2 Pro club here. Picked one up Tuesday and have logged several familiarization flights. Very impressive. I have a background in RC planes going back a good ways and got into drones with a 3DR Iris +. Aflso have some toy drones and a fun flying Blade Torrent.

It got to where I wasn't taking the Iris out much anymore... too much logistics. Charge the flight batteries, charge the controller batteries, charge the display whose battery lasts only about an hour, charge and install the GoPro onto the kluged add on gimbal. Reverse the process when done. Way way way too many moving parts. Plus very limited telemetry and no OSD without yet another add on board. Terrible video range.

The M2 is so much more highly integrated and compact. Great telemetry and I set it up to use my iPad Mini 4 for the app and camera feed. I have a spare battery and a case coming. Really looking forward to having this thing ready to go anytime at a moment's notice. Only complaint is that it is almost too easy to fly.
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio! Enjoy your new Mavic 2 Pro, I love mine. Fly safe and have fun!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renevista