DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Melbourne Australia

Pythons09

Reactions
Just wanted to say hello.

I’m from Melbourne Australia, married and father of 3 adult children and the family just bought me a DJI Mavic Pro flymore combo and a whole range of other gear for Christmas.

I’ve always wanted one but the wife just never understood what they are capable of and thinks it’s wrong that I can see what I can see. Even after explaining that I’m not snooping in backyards.

Wanted one mainly for photography purposes as we travel around the world on family holidays and I thought it would be a next step for me.

I look forward to learning a lot from all of you including places to video/photograph around the globe and in my own area.

Only done. 17 minute test flight around the local park and never realised how easy it is to fly although I’m very jumpy with camera actions and controls.

Cheers

Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .

0rojyyg-png.56543

Welcome to the forum! :)

Hello Pythons09 and welcome to the forum. I've been flying my MP for a few years now and have really enjoyed it on a number of vacations. . .got some epic footage in Iceland last July! Also got some fun footage of ziplining in Costa Rica. . .that was a challenge!

Anyway, we live in the US but are planning a trip to Australia next July. We'll be there for three weeks more or less. Our itinerary is not set yet, but looking at Sydney, Brisbane, Gold Coast, etc. I'd love the opportunity to fly my MP there, but I wanted to check with you about the current state of any regulations I would need to know about. Do you know of an Australian website that lists any current regs. Overall, do you think I'd be able to bring it and fly it (with reasonable restrictions. . .like not over crowds, near airports, etc)? I have a friend who just went to New Zealand. He'd read before his trip that they are pretty strictly forbidden there, so he didn't take his MP. However, he reports that when he got there, there were all kinds of folks flying their drones around and not having any problems with it. So, I'm looking for that kind of "boots on the ground" info, as well. Thanks in advance!

Hello Pythons09 and welcome to the forum. I've been flying my MP for a few years now and have really enjoyed it on a number of vacations. . .got some epic footage in Iceland last July! Also got some fun footage of ziplining in Costa Rica. . .that was a challenge!

Anyway, we live in the US but are planning a trip to Australia next July. We'll be there for three weeks more or less. Our itinerary is not set yet, but looking at Sydney, Brisbane, Gold Coast, etc. I'd love the opportunity to fly my MP there, but I wanted to check with you about the current state of any regulations I would need to know about. Do you know of an Australian website that lists any current regs. Overall, do you think I'd be able to bring it and fly it (with reasonable restrictions. . .like not over crowds, near airports, etc)? I have a friend who just went to New Zealand. He'd read before his trip that they are pretty strictly forbidden there, so he didn't take his MP. However, he reports that when he got there, there were all kinds of folks flying their drones around and not having any problems with it. So, I'm looking for that kind of "boots on the ground" info, as well. Thanks in advance!

I find the IOS app "Can I Fly There" very helpful. It has all the Aussie rules, 7 day forecast and a map indicating where you can/cannot fly.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shandilya