DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Nevada! First time drone pilot.

Desert Skies

Reactions
Hello everyone! I am so excited to be here. I just very recently got into drones after figuring out that I couldn't afford to be a pilot of an actual airplane lol. I am starting out with a 30 dollar toy drone before I move on to the more expensive models. I imagine it like driving in a quad and getting a feel for it before hoping in an actual car.

I do plan on eventually flying commercially with my drone. I took the 107 pretest and got a pretty good score, so it is just a matter of going in sometime and getting it. I do plan on getting a Mavic in the future when my skills get better.

Welcome to the hobby/industry and the forum :)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome. Keep in mind that your $30 drone will be very different than a Mavic so don't let the experience sour you about drones in general. With a $30 drone you should expect erratic flight, short range, and short flight time. Non of which you will get with any Mavic.

Reactions: BD0G and Thomas B
^ True ! You also will have to get out of Las Vegas Strip area to fly as there are No Fly zones all over the place . They have frequent Helicopter Tours so the area is on lock down.

^ True ! You also will have to get out of Las Vegas Strip area to fly as there are No Fly zones all over the place . They have frequent Helicopter Tours so the area is on lock down.

Thanks for the information. I will have to see if Boulder City would be a good place to practice. There is a dry lake over there but I will find out where those no fly zones are located first though.

Tule Springs Fossil Beds is awesome to fly at. Almost zero interference, you get incredible range and the landscape looks like another planet. Let me know if you'd like to meet up and go flying. I'm in NW Vegas.

Welcome to the Forum from the Nature Coast of Florida!

Welcome from Summerlin. Head out to Red Rock Canyon it’s legal their. BC is pretty tough last I heard you had to get a permit. Good luck.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bsplum