DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Niagara Falls, Canada

So another member said hello from Niagara Falls and I get my courage up to say hello to the friendliest forum on the internet!

I regret to say I have been lurking here for about a year. But any question I might ask was just a forum search away and I had so little flying experience...didn't feel I had much to offer anyone.

Anyway, not feeling that way anymore. I have a post in mind. A picture and a question--can you spot the nòob mistake? How many seconds did it take you? Upcoming. Looking forward to it.

So. Niagara Falls. Can't fly anywhere in the city and don't even think of doing the Falls itself. The helicopters fly so low, it would be so stressful. I had to pull my mini down at Fireman's Park, a helicopter for sure was at minimum altitude, if not lower.

Anyway, when you come to Niagara Falls, fly at the privately owned Fireman's Park. Great views can be had from the hill which is actually the old city dump! (You would never know, it's all covered with fill now.) See you there!
Fireman's Park is within Class E airspace so it's only good for micro drones, otherwise for 250+ gram drones you need the Advanced licence (and the registration of course).

Welcome to the forum though! Yes it's tragic that all of NF proper is Class F airspace, but you CAN get permission to fly in it. I've seen videos on YT where the poster explained they went through the steps to get approval from Hamilton TC Centre. It does need to be coordinated with the local helicopter tour company, the Parks Police, etc.

But the typical tourists just put their drone up and don't think of any of that, so no doubt lots of enforcement happening.

The original posting was made over two and a half years ago and we have not seen the OP in over a year and a half; hope is good with them.

But in spite of its age, it was still interesting reading. Some Oldies are still Goodies…

The original posting was made over two and a half years ago and we have not seen the OP in over a year and a half; hope is good with them.

But in spite of its age, it was still interesting reading. Some Oldies are still Goodies…
****** deal, too bad as well I gotta spot here in stoney Creek, it's industrial zoned and most here are happy that I drone because it totally keeps the thievery to a minimum, and I have 600 acres across the street where I have permission to fly over. And I have line of sight for almost 600m in 270 degree. And I have no problem with people stopping by.

Reactions: LoudThunder
What about Niagara Falls USA?
Now, why didn't I think of that? The Map below shows lots of locations except the Park itself (in Red…)

However, the member is Canadian and their Canadian credentials would not be valid in the US and they have to meet US requirements…

And then to reach the US, how much hassle is it now to cross over the border?

Niagara.jpg

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78