DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from North Carolina

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Mavic quadcopters.
Enjoy! Thumbswayup
*MAVIC PRO/PLATINUM MANUAL: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/Mavic Pro User Manual V2.0-.pdf
*MAVIC AIR MANUAL: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic Air/20180213/Mavic Air User Manual_v1.2.pdf
*GO 4 APP MANUAL: DJI Go 4 Manual
Thanks I am excited to meet people with the same interest I have, and eager to learn more about quadcopters.
Mike

Reactions: LuvMyTJ
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio! Enjoy your new Mavic Air! Unfortunately the July 18th Event has been postponed :( Fly safe and have fun!

Reactions: nd4wmike
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio! Enjoy your new Mavic Air! Unfortunately the July 18th Event has been postponed :( Fly safe and have fun!
Thanks for the welcome, yep I see where the event was delayed, and I just sold some of my home arcade games to have cash ready for the new DJI.
Mike

Clayton area - welcome. Great place to fly is Dorothea Dix if you're ever up in Raleigh.

Thanks for the welcome, I am in WNC. Never been past Winston Salem to the east,
Moved here form Alabama 4 1/2 yrs ago.
Mike

Great maybe we are close enough to do a fly over . I am in Pisgah Forest , NC
Mike.

Hello.. I'm in Louisville, but my wife and I visit NC quite often and hope to back pack in Pisgah National Forest before the end of the year. Can you recommend any good trails, more specifically area in the Forest with good views/scenery for flying?

Hello.. I'm in Louisville, but my wife and I visit NC quite often and hope to back pack in Pisgah National Forest before the end of the year. Can you recommend any good trails, more specifically area in the Forest with good views/scenery for flying?
Wow, where to start. There are so,many trails here you could never do them all. I live about 3 miles from the entrance to the Pisgah National Forest ant it takes you up to the BRP where you can have many trails to access from road. Also the DuPont State Park is near here that has many waterfalls to hike to with great scenery. Part of the first Hunger Games movie was filmed in this park.
Hope this helps some , you can also stop in at the Rangers station for advice

Mike

Welcome to the forum and to flying! I am also in Western NC mountains, just north of Asheville. I've never had any trouble finding unlimited flying spots around here. Can't fly on the Parkway, but there are so many other great places that it really doesn't matter. How long you been flying? And where do you fly now?

Thanks for the welcome.
I’ve been flying quads for about 7 months. Fly mostly around my house, I have a little over 2 acres and there is a big open field next to me. There are plenty of big open spaces here , but they’re pastures or corn fields, private property and I don’t know who to ask for permission.
Do you know any places around Brevard?

If you fly high enough, you don't really need permission. Just use good common sense and don't fly low over other people's property. You have so many mountains around you that you wouldn't want to fly too low anyway.

You’re right about mountains. I have a few places about 3000 elevation I have flown and it’s high enough to go a long way safely
Thanks

You are not far from many waterfalls. I would think that many of them would be great places to get some good photos. I know there are several right on hwy 64 that would be very accessible. I'm even thinking of riding down that way to get some waterfall photos. I'm very close to Linville Falls and would love to fly there, but I'm not so sure if that's off limits or not. I could ride by there to check, I guess.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtfuture11