DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from North Central Texas

Thunderbird Field member myself! We just had our 60th Anniversary party there a few weeks ago. In-N-Out Burgers even catered it!
Lots of people still flying there. I did fixed wing there for a while but flying rotary now there just wasn’t enough space to really fly in “the box” at the field. So I just fly my B25 there now and most of my Mavic 3 is elsewhere with wide open spaces.
Oh yes it is way different flying a DX8 controller going to an RC-N1 Mavic controller. Have flown just under 1800 miles in 15 months on Mavics now so it is no issue. No sudden moves until I consciously though of each step first. Pitch stick can cause troubles fast.

Safe flying,
KI5RLL
Thanks for the reply! I've gotten comfortable with my mini.. Looks like we share another hobby: I'm KI5KUE. Mostly on 2M on the Chalk Mountain and Cleburne repeaters.

David

Reactions: LoudThunder
Thanks for the reply! I've gotten comfortable with my mini.. Looks like we share another hobby: I'm KI5KUE. Mostly on 2M on the Chalk Mountain and Cleburne repeaters.

David
Awesome. Yes I stay on 146.52 also mainly. Some 446.00 where they run there. Just simplex both unless I am near a known repeater. I travel nationwide with my job so there are an incredible amount of available duplex options everywhere of course. Have to look up the repeater book and find the offset and such for each so I get on repeaters if I am there long enough to use it.

Mike

Awesome. Yes I stay on 146.52 also mainly. Some 446.00 where they run there. Just simplex both unless I am near a known repeater. I travel nationwide with my job so there are an incredible amount of available duplex options everywhere of course. Have to look up the repeater book and find the offset and such for each so I get on repeaters if I am there long enough to use it.

Mike
I did save and program a good handful of repeaters for NOAA and NWS for local ARES and RACES portals nationwide plus the standard NWS channels. So I can dial into them if I need to make a weather report, as I am a NWS SKYWARN weather spotter and Stormtracker. We use it a lot everywhere. Is a very valuable service to all.

Finally powered up and flew my Mavic Mini after owning it for a couple (or more) years. Was an RC pilot 20+ years ago at Thunderbird Field in Benbrook, Texas. Rusty flying skills, but knocking the dust off hasn't been all that hard. Quads certainly fly differently than fixed wing, but the physics still apply: altitude is your friend. LOL
Greetings from Colorado, welcome to the forum.

Finally powered up and flew my Mavic Mini after owning it for a couple (or more) years. Was an RC pilot 20+ years ago at Thunderbird Field in Benbrook, Texas. Rusty flying skills, but knocking the dust off hasn't been all that hard. Quads certainly fly differently than fixed wing, but the physics still apply: altitude is your friend. LOL
Greetings from Colorado, USA🇺🇸, welcome to the forum🎄

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CorvusWorks