DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Northwestern Ontario

MsDrone

Reactions
Drone newbie here! I got a little Ryze Tello, basically a toy drone, a month ago, and am having such fun flying that little thing that I’m now deciding on my next drone. I was going to get a Mavic Mini but would really like the option of FPV at some point so am almost decided on a Mavic Air 2. In the last week I joined MAAC, got a basic drone pilot certificate, and joined one of our local clubs so I have somewhere to fly while I figure out where else I can fly! Looking around now at Mavic Air 2 videos to see what all it can do, possibly a wee bit intimidated by new terminology and I expect a learning curve, but really looking forward to having fun! I didn’t actually expect to pass the basic test on the first go, I had read a bunch of material and figured I would try the test just to see what it was like, at $10 it would be a nominal investment to be able to see an example of a test. It wasn't stressful until halfway through when I realized I might actually pass! Anyway I’m looking forward to getting my first ‘real’ drone, and learning whatever I can on this forum. And, of course, having fun ?

Drone newbie here! I got a little Ryze Tello, basically a toy drone, a month ago, and am having such fun flying that little thing that I’m now deciding on my next drone. I was going to get a Mavic Mini but would really like the option of FPV at some point so am almost decided on a Mavic Air 2. In the last week I joined MAAC, got a basic drone pilot certificate, and joined one of our local clubs so I have somewhere to fly while I figure out where else I can fly! Looking around now at Mavic Air 2 videos to see what all it can do, possibly a wee bit intimidated by new terminology and I expect a learning curve, but really looking forward to having fun! I didn’t actually expect to pass the basic test on the first go, I had read a bunch of material and figured I would try the test just to see what it was like, at $10 it would be a nominal investment to be able to see an example of a test. It wasn't stressful until halfway through when I realized I might actually pass! Anyway I’m looking forward to getting my first ‘real’ drone, and learning whatever I can on this forum. And, of course, having fun ?
Lot to learn here and happy flying. Enjoy

Welcome back to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . ?

Welcome to the forums - a lot of good info here. Also, the search function (magnifying glass icon upper right) is a great way to find answers to many of the questions a "newbie" will have. We were all "newbies" at one point.

Welcome to you from the wide-open spaces of Texas!

The MA2 is a fabulous machine for the beginner and the pro alike. Lots of fellow Canadians will help you adjust to TC regs, and over 100,000 others of us from around the world are here to help you gain skill as a pilot and photographer. Be sure to read the manual, and practice using the “Find My Drone” App. Chances are you will crash and perhaps lose your MA2. Just be sure you know how to retrieve it!

Glad to have you with us!

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum! :)

WELCOME to the forum :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigbrute